Having a problem with google account Watch

xtazyyy
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I have put my google account now on my phone so now it signgs me into allmy apps is it possible for me once ive signed out of the apps on my phone such as youtube or photos for it to be password protected i.e for me to get back all my info i have to put password in again any help would be really usefull i have family members who use my phone
Rock Fan
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by xtazyyy)
I have put my google account now on my phone so now it signgs me into allmy apps is it possible for me once ive signed out of the apps on my phone such as youtube or photos for it to be password protected i.e for me to get back all my info i have to put password in again any help would be really usefull i have family members who use my phone
As this is Mobile Phone related I have moved this, hopefully someone can give you an answer here.
Acsel
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by xtazyyy)
I'm a little confused as to what exactly it is you're asking.

I understand that you've signed into your Google account on your phone. Are you saying that you want to be able to sign out of your account and have them protected by passwords? If so, simply sign out of the specific app and it'll request you enter your password when you next want to use the app. The only caveat is that if you have a Google account and are using an Android device, your Google account logs you into many services. You can go into your Android settings and remove the entire Google account if you want but that will sign you out of all those Google services, not just one app such as YouTube.

For any non-Google apps, you can simply sign out as normal. For Google specific apps, you cannot sign out of one app at a time. Either they're all logged in, or none of them are.

Of course, keep in mind that by default, all your apps are protected by your phones lock method. It's not the same as having separate lock methods for each app but it still means that your apps are protected if your phone is locked.
xtazyyy
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Thanks for the reply for i found about the remove account method so now im just going to remove my account when my family is using my phone.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (132)
18.08%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (73)
10%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (126)
17.26%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (105)
14.38%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (72)
9.86%
How can I be the best version of myself? (222)
30.41%

Watched Threads