KRT2910
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
My teacher has given us the question explain a kantian approahc to stealing can anyone give me clue what to look at, my exam board is aqa thank you!!
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.
PumpkinCastle
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If you generally need some help with Kantian ethics I would recommend watching this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bIys6JoEDw as it explains the concepts in a good way
GlenCacao
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Welp, I do OCR Philosophy & Ethics and I'm not exactly sure whether you're asking for example questions or what Kant's views on stealing were but, one question that I can think of (and also completely made up) is: "'The best philosophical approach towards theft is Kantian ethics' How far would you agree?" Then compare it to the other approaches (Utilitarianism, Situation Ethics etc.) The question itself might not mention Kantian ethics, but if your teacher mentioned it, you should reference it.

Kant's beliefs on theft are:
(Depends on the situation but) Theft takes away the autonomy of the victim.
Theft uses the victim as a means to the end of whatever is stolen (this goes against the Kingdom of Ends)
Theft is un-universalisable because you wouldn't like people stealing from you. If it was universalised, no one would be trustworthy.

There's more but I'm no expert.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (58)
28.57%
No - I have already returned home (24)
11.82%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (46)
22.66%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (21)
10.34%
No - I live at home during term anyway (54)
26.6%

Watched Threads