Had to drop out of university. Where can I find schemes to get back on track? Watch

JakeCryo
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
The reason isn't important but I have had to drop out of university in my second year. Because of how student finance funding works I cannot go back to uni.

I am wanting to get my life back on track by joining a programme/scheme or something to kick start a career. I was thinking of a paralegal apprenticeship and discovered Irwin Mitchell have a scheme that would be perfect that pays a relatively acceptable wage although applications do not open till march so I will have to look into other things in the mean time.

Most apprenticeships I find do not pay a living wage and I was wondering if there are any schemes similar to the Irwin Mitchell apprenticeship that pay fairly well whilst you train?

I am mostly interested in the legal sector but I'm open to other fields.

Any information would be helpful, thanks!
Sae.HH
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Software Engineering Academies. Sky and Capital One have those.
jelly1000
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by JakeCryo)
The reason isn't important but I have had to drop out of university in my second year. Because of how student finance funding works I cannot go back to uni.

I am wanting to get my life back on track by joining a programme/scheme or something to kick start a career. I was thinking of a paralegal apprenticeship and discovered Irwin Mitchell have a scheme that would be perfect that pays a relatively acceptable wage although applications do not open till march so I will have to look into other things in the mean time.

Most apprenticeships I find do not pay a living wage and I was wondering if there are any schemes similar to the Irwin Mitchell apprenticeship that pay fairly well whilst you train?

I am mostly interested in the legal sector but I'm open to other fields.

Any information would be helpful, thanks!
An increasing number of organisations are offering school leaver schemes and generally its the bigger companies which pay a better wage. I've two other legal ones paying living wage as follows:

Kennedys- pays between £16-19k
https://www.allaboutschoolleavers.co...nnedys-law-llp

Eversheds pays £18k in London and £16k outside London
https://www.eversheds-sutherland.com...nticeship.page

There is mores choice if you are prepared to look at accounting, audit e.c.t
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (476)
66.39%
No (241)
33.61%

Watched Threads