Advice on choosing A levels! Please help!

Watch
*ConfusedStudent
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hiya, I'm choosing my A levels at the moment - and having real trouble deciding!

I don't know what I want to do career wise (maybe Law?) so want to keep my options open. Ideas I have had include doing Maths, English Lit (fairly sure one those two) and then possibly Art? I can't see myself with a career in Art but I really enjoy it. All the same will it limit my options for uni courses? What A levels would you recommend me doing? Thanks so much, I really appreciate it.
ChloeC2000
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I don’t think there are many subjects at A level that will be great to say for law as none link fully. Maybe something like English Lang or lit may help as it shows analysis. Sociology and criminology may be ones to take a look at. I do sociology and a huge topic is linked to crime and deviance ☺️
Yr_11_MATHS
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Perhaps choosing a social science like Economics could help with law...
RogerOxon
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by *ConfusedStudent)
Hiya, I'm choosing my A levels at the moment - and having real trouble deciding!

I don't know what I want to do career wise (maybe Law?) so want to keep my options open. Ideas I have had include doing Maths, English Lit (fairly sure one those two) and then possibly Art? I can't see myself with a career in Art but I really enjoy it. All the same will it limit my options for uni courses? What A levels would you recommend me doing? Thanks so much, I really appreciate it.
Your starting point should always be what you enjoy most. Your initial three choices sound fine to me, if they're what you enjoy most. Many people don't know what career they want to aim for - don't worry too much about it.

Law doesn't typically have any subject requirements (but check for your target universities), but at least one essay subject is helpful. You have that covered.
Last edited by RogerOxon; 2 years ago
Smartin5
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

Maths and English Lit, thats already two facillitating subject, so I think you'll be absolutely fine. Enjoy it
lucie306
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
English Lit is definitely a good choice for Law. If your school offers it you can also take a Law A-level. History, Economics, Psychology and Sociology tend to be helpful as well. Just make sure you have at least one subject you know you're going to enjoy otherwise you might end up hating your subjects by the end of the two years.
hallamstudents
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

Hey! Im glad to heaar your looking forward to what A-levels you want to do! I wouldnt think too much into it, of course think about what you would like to do after at uni but it doesnt affect it massivley. Personally i chose which ones I enjoyed and was best at. I never did business yet I have done a business degree and love it! I hope this helps!
Let me know if you have any other questions.
Sophia
*ConfusedStudent
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago

Thank you for all your help everyone! 😊😁👍
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (188)
58.2%
I don't have everything I need (135)
41.8%

Watched Threads