The Student Room Group

i want to work in japan for 6 months in my gap year

I only speak English and if I'm just finishing A levels I don't think I'll be allowed to teach English there so does anyone have any tips on where and how I can get work there.
I'd like to work in Kyoto so I can explore the city whilst making some money as well so is there anyone with experience with working in Japan from London and if so what companies did you use to find the work ??
Reply 1
I would suggest you learn at least a little of the language before you go. If you use an app called memrise you can learn to read, write and speak the language fairly easily and it's mostly useful language like different types of food, how to tell somone you need help and basic conversation. If you want to teach maybe try going for an international school rather than a normal school as few poeple outsideof the large cities can actually speak english.
Reply 2
Original post by Chemnitz
I'd recommend this website: https://www.crccasia.com/internship/

They have a variety of programmes, although you will have to pay for accommodation and food. To teach English you need a qualification that takes around a year to attain, so unfortunately it's not that feasible. I'm on a gap year at the moment if you have any other questions:smile:

The programmes also come with language lessons btw
I dont particularly want to teach i just want to get any work in Japan so I can afford the accomodation and food. As I'm Muslim I cant work in places with alcohol and pork so any other kind of work would be great and any suggestions of types of work and how to get it would help a lot 😅
Original post by Chemnitz
The programmes also come with language lessons btw

that internship would be great but it won't allow me to do it in Kyoto which is where I'd like to travel to as I'd like to get that traditional Japanese experience

Quick Reply

Latest