Stacey_annor
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Where are my people going Manchester metropolitan next year? Let’s identify ourselves cuh I need me some friends XX
TSR_Ollie
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help

Why do I do this?

The Universities forums get a lot of questions that are unanswered. This is often because the OP's thread got missed - bumping threads gives them another lease of life and frequently results in someone seeing it and being able to respond

If you would like to help with unanswered questions check out the first part of the list here and don't forget the second part of the list here.

Or if you have questions, get in touch with Puddles the Monkey.
noitsbecky1989
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hiii I'm going to be doing International Business and Marketig
itswill12345
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I've been offered Busniess but i won't start till 2020
Kyle331
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I might be going but it depends on my offer
Stacey_annor
Rep:
?
noitsbecky1989 yayyyy. Are you living in an accommodation? I need advice on the best ones if you have any haha. I’m offering fashion design n I’m excited
Stacey_annor
Rep:
?
Kyle331 fingers crossed🤞🏾🤞🏾
taylerwalkor
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
hopefully I'll be going mmu if I get accepted! What course and accomodation are you planning on? x
ComeMargot
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Stacey_annor)
Where are my people going Manchester metropolitan next year? Let’s identify ourselves cuh I need me some friends XX
I hope to go there but they still havent sent me an offer
Unipassword
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Start my msc at mmu in September
Manchester Metropolitan University
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ComeMargot)
I hope to go there but they still havent sent me an offer
Hello!

Sorry you haven't heard back from us in regards to your application - applications can sometimes take up to 6 weeks to be processed. If you think you applied over 6 weeks ago you can contact us on 0161 247 6969 with your UCAS ID to hand and we can look into it for you.

Thanks

Sophie
Madrigel
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Welcome to MMU!

I’m already at MMU and have some advice on making friends.

Get into halls run by the university- all the welcome events are held at halls so if you go to private accommodation you’ll miss out on that.

Go to all the freshers week events at the union. They run a freshers fair on one day for societies and another the following day for sports. Go to both, stock up on free pens, get some free pizza and stacks of leaflets from the student stands.

Join a society. There is probably one for your course plus there’s probably the widest range of societies at MMU so whatever you’re into you’ll likely find it there.

Join a sport club. If you were sporty at school the BUCS programme at MMU is very good. If you weren’t and the thought of joining the netball club brings you out in hives try a non BUCS club like climbing, martial arts, canoeing/kayaking or softball.

There no shortage of things to do at MMU. Their union is top notch for putting on events and I love Wednesdays is always fun 🥳
dee432
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I've an offer for fashion too! mines a conditional offer tho, are u staying in halls?
noitsbecky1989 yayyyy. Are you living in an accommodation? I need advice on the best ones if you have any haha. I’m offering fashion design n I’m excited
Olliethefirst
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Waiting on a reply on my app but I will probably be going to MMU if they accept me so if they do accept me I will need friends too haha.
ComeMargot
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
What about making a group on whatsapp or ig for example just to know each other and not to be alone the first day
Olliethefirst
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'd be up for that, though I haven't been accepted to MMU yet, but new friends can't be bad right? haha. Dm me on here if you want I'll give you my stuff
What about making a group on whatsapp or ig for example just to know each other and not to be alone the first day
Unipassword
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Sure peeps feel free to message
jaswilliams
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
im going:-)))
ChalieV
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Starting in September doing psychology with counselling and psychotherapy. Having to private rent straight from my first year due to certain thing so am petrified of not being able to meet friends as I won't be in halls
Zachy g
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I’m starting in September to do criminology and staying in accommodation cannot wait
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (67)
22.33%
Excited but a bit nervous (134)
44.67%
Not bothered either way (37)
12.33%
I'm really nervous (62)
20.67%

Watched Threads