The Student Room Group

how should i revise?

hiiii!
i am struggling with exam stress and want to learn new techniques on how to revise. please reply telling me what revision techniques worked for you and ones you think are effective X :smile:
Original post by tasneem.016
hiiii!
i am struggling with exam stress and want to learn new techniques on how to revise. please reply telling me what revision techniques worked for you and ones you think are effective X :smile:

Make a timetable and then stay up to date and on time. that reassures you that you are up to date and on target to be ready. hard work and progress is reassuring that work has been done. The schedule is also a reminder of how much to do each day and gives permission to have time off.
Reply 2
First lets deal with the stress, so you need to exercise regularly, eat nutritionally well, drink enough water, and get enough rest. Meditation is a good anti stress practice as is yoga or just taking a walk in the park. Remember it's about balance and you need to pace yourself so you peek at exam time.

Now for revision - there are a lot of methods and I used the top three in the following list:

Mind maps
Flash Cards
Cheat sheets

Dance movements
Poems
Lyrics
Watching You Tube videos
Practice papers (especially for maths)
Journey method
Loci method
Roman room method
Parrot fashion
whats a cheat sheat? X
Reply 4
A cheat sheet is one page full of everything you need to learn.

Here's one for Physics
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOOBTuY7aj0

Examples for maths
https://www.google.com/searchq=maths+cheat+sheet&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjM4rL3oKTfAhUzt3EKHRMtCN4QsAR6BAgFEAE&biw=1366&bih=626

You can do one for each subject or do sub categories. I did one for each paper in English language, then separate ones for technical devices and sentence structure.

Anything you think you will need to remember goes on the sheet, and then that becomes your key revision guide of must knows. You can always add things later once you know the basics on the sheet.
Quizlet is a life saver, has different methods for you to memorise information using flashcards, games and more :smile:
^ I agree, Quizlet's helped me so so much! What kind of revision works for you depends on what type of learner you are. For example, if you're a visual learner, mindmaps and spider diagrams might be more helpful for you. For others, just rewriting notes is effective, or for auditory learners turning notes into songs works. :biggrin:

Personally, I find mindmaps and rewriting notes to be super helpful.

Quick Reply

Latest