Abrsm Exams Nov-Dec 2018

Watch
Mynameissecret
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Just started a thread for anyone awaiting practical music exam results as I couldn’t find one... do correct me if I’m wrong

Took my grade 1 on November 28th...
Anyone got results back from exams taken earlier?? How did you do?? Anyone else nervous? How did your exams go?

Let’s talk 😂
Last edited by Mynameissecret; 2 years ago
Mynameissecret
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mynameissecret)
Just started a thread for anyone awaiting music exam results as I couldn’t find one... do correct me if I’m wrong

Anyone got results back from exams taken earlier?? How did you do?? Anyone else nervous? How did your exams go?

Let’s talk 😂
My first piece (La Donna e mobile) was goood
My second piece (Bouncing Billy) I slipped my finger and asked to start again, it then went welll
My third piece (Asian tiger prowl) I forgot to position my foot near to the pedal and had to rush to get it moved 😭🤦🏼*♀️ So barely pressed it.... other than that it seemed ok?
My scales went welll (I think)
My sight reading was horrendous, forgot dynamics, played an extra note in the wrong bar, wrong notes...
My aural (clap back) I think I clapped the wrong beats but said the right number
My aural (singing) I.have.no.idea. 😂 as I have no skill in singing
_Mia101
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Just started a thread for anyone awaiting music exam results as I couldn’t find one... do correct me if I’m wrong

Let’s talk 😂
Did grade 4 after skipping grade 3. Not really nervous though. This year's exam was easier than I expected.... maybe because I'm doing grade 7 piano.
I can't remember when I did the exam though.
You shouldn't worry too much about grade 1 though. I know someone that had zero clue about music theory and got a merit in grade 1!

Are you doing grade 2 in February?
Good luck!
Last edited by _Mia101; 2 years ago
Mynameissecret
Rep:
?
(Original post by _Mia101)Did grade 4 after skipping grade 3. Not really nervous though. This year's exam was easier than I expected.... maybe because I'm doing grade 7 piano.
You shouldn't worry too much about grade 1 though. I know someone that had zero clue in music and got a merit in grade 1!

Good luck!

wow!!
no, having a break from exams for a bit and will jus focus on playing for fun.
I’m not nervous as such, just wanna know the results!!!!!
Please tell me what you get when you get the results!
_Mia101
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by _Mia101)Did grade 4 after skipping grade 3. Not really nervous though. This year's exam was easier than I expected.... maybe because I'm doing grade 7 piano.
You shouldn't worry too much about grade 1 though. I know someone that had zero clue in music and got a merit in grade 1!

Good luck!

wow!!
no, having a break from exams for a bit and will jus focus on playing for fun.
I’m not nervous as such, just wanna know the results!!!!!
Please tell me what you get when you get the results!
Hi!

I just realised that you were talking about the practical exam. Well, I took mine in May for the clarinet (grade 4) and piano (grade 5) and got merit in both.

I blame myself for those though. I didn't really practice very much... I kinda lost my piano book

But I'll be taking grade 5 clarinet and grade 7 piano (I'm skipping grade 6) in May 2019. Hopefully I can get a distinction in both.

After this though, I'm going to stop taking clarinet exams because of GCSEs and stuff and just play for fun. I'll just do grade 8 piano because I'll be so close and whatever but after that I'll just play for fun.
Mynameissecret
Rep:
?
(Original post by _Mia101)
Hi!

I just realised that you were talking about the practical exam. Well, I took mine in May for the clarinet (grade 4) and piano (grade 5) and got merit in both.

I blame myself for those though. I didn't really practice very much... I kinda lost my piano book

But I'll be taking grade 5 clarinet and grade 7 piano (I'm skipping grade 6) in May 2019. Hopefully I can get a distinction in both.

After this though, I'm going to stop taking clarinet exams because of GCSEs and stuff and just play for fun. I'll just do grade 8 piano because I'll be so close and whatever but after that I'll just play for fun.
I’ve made it clearer now 😂 but would to hear about other theory exams also if people are awaiting their results?? (Not that this thread is hugely popular 😂)
MegMog1515
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I took my grade 5 piano last Thursday and I can’t call it. Two pieces went alright but I had to restart another. Scales were all okay but a few dumb finger slips. Sight reading I got all the notes and the rhythm but I played it slow to achieve that when it was supposed to be lively-oops. Aural I think it was okay but can never tell
_Mia101
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by MegMog1515)
I took my grade 5 piano last Thursday and I can’t call it. Two pieces went alright but I had to restart another. Scales were all okay but a few dumb finger slips. Sight reading I got all the notes and the rhythm but I played it slow to achieve that when it was supposed to be lively-oops. Aural I think it was okay but can never tell
Oh! Well, you shouldn't worry too much about it. I absolutely flopped my aural test... Like I couldn't even answer the last question (I may or may not have cried), yet I still managed to come out with a merit!
Mynameissecret
Rep:
?
Just got my Grade 1 piano results back....
135 marks, Distinction

Anyone else got results back yet?
I’m feeling rather chuffed with myself
billie mercury
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Just got my Grade 1 piano results back....
135 marks, Distinction

Anyone else got results back yet?
I’m feeling rather chuffed with myself
Ayyy I also got a distinction for grade 1 ... 2 years ago. And then my strict piano teacher was replaced with a lazy one and it only went downhill from there. But I've got my old piano teacher back so I'm hoping for a better grade in grade 4. Can't wait!
Mynameissecret
Rep:
?
Any more results back???
MegMog1515
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Any more results back???
I passed my grade 5 with 109. Not bad considering all my mistakes but I know I could’ve done better
Mynameissecret
Rep:
?
(Original post by MegMog1515)
I passed my grade 5 with 109. Not bad considering all my mistakes but I know I could’ve done better
Well done!!!!
:thumbsup:
_Mia101
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Well, I got a merit in my theory grade 4 exam! Considering I messed up a 10 mark question on beaming I'm not really suprised.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (170)
44.27%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (42)
10.94%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (31)
8.07%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (83)
21.61%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (36)
9.38%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (22)
5.73%

Watched Threads