The Student Room Group

My GF uses my cologne?

I noticed this today. She came to visit, and at one point she asked if she could use the shower. After we had dinner together and I could smell it on her.

I’ve also realised this isn’t the first time.

Why does she do it?

(I’m not complaining)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I noticed this today. She came to visit, and at one point she asked if she could use the shower. After we had dinner together and I could smell it on her.

I’ve also realised this isn’t the first time.

Why does she do it?

(I’m not complaining)

Ask her.
Maybe she just likes the smell of it as a lot of girls like Stronger smells..
Reply 3
Original post by DrawTheLine
Ask her.

I’m not going to ask her lol are you mad?
It smells nice. May or may not remind her of you.

Yeah I'm insane for thinking communication is important in a relationship. Keep going asking strangers questions about your relationship instead of the person who actually knows! Let me know how it works out, I'm genuinely curious.
Reply 6
Yeah I'm insane for thinking communication is important in a relationship. Keep going asking strangers questions about your relationship instead of the person who actually knows! Let me know how it works out, I'm genuinely curious.

Why would I ask her why she wears it when I said it doesn’t bother me. Christ, get a grip.

I don't see why there would be an issue with this, personally? :tongue:
Why would I ask her why she wears it when I said it doesn’t bother me. Christ, get a grip.

Because you want to know why. You don't just ask people questions when something bothers you.

You want to know the reason. She knows the reason. It's pretty simple how you find out the reason.
Reply 9
Original post by shadowdweller
I don't see why there would be an issue with this, personally? :tongue:

Not an issue, per say, just unnecessary. The reason she wears it can only be good anyway.

I guess I’m asking for other people’s experiences.
Because you want to know why. You don't just ask people questions when something bothers you.

You want to know the reason. She knows the reason. It's pretty simple how you find out the reason.

Just go away.
Just go away.

Let me know the method you use to find out the answer though. I'm genuinely curious to know another way to find it out. I know it sounds sarcastic but it's not.
Not an issue, per say, just unnecessary. The reason she wears it can only be good anyway.

I guess I’m asking for other people’s experiences.

I'd say if you want the definite answer, DrawTheLine is correct, you're best off asking her.

But if you just want other people's views, I'd say either she likes the smell for it's own sake, or it reminds her of you - possibly a combination of the two! :smile:
As a girl who wears her BF's cologne a lot there are a few reasons. The first time I did it was when we were still long distance and I missed him and when we saw each other I stole his shirt that smelled like his cologne and when we were separate again and I really missed him I wore it and it smelled like him so the distance didn't feel so far and once we lived together when we both had full days at work I'd spray a bit on because I was really clingy in the early stages and a far less sappy and gross and weird reason is that I always forget to replace stuff when I use it up and my shower gel and body spray usually run out at the same time so when I use up stuff like that until I remember to get my own I borrow his but his shower gel is like black pepper and sea salt and other stuff that smells like crisps so I borrow his cologne too to mask the scent.
Let me know the method you use to find out the answer though. I'm genuinely curious to know another way to find it out. I know it sounds sarcastic but it's not.

U srly got nothing better to do? let the op handle it, its not a big deal.
Original post by MinatoNamikaze
U srly got nothing better to do? let the op handle it, its not a big deal.

The OP wants to know the answer to a question only his girlfriend knows but won't ask her in order to find out the answer. It's not a big deal no but I am curious how the OP expects to find out the answer. It's not a crime to be curious.
The OP wants to know the answer to a question only his girlfriend knows but won't ask her in order to find out the answer. It's not a big deal no but I am curious how the OP expects to find out the answer. It's not a crime to be curious.

I don’t need to ask her, for crying out loud. Besides a girl here has told me why she would wear it.

see? he done now go study
"Are you wearing my cologne?"

"Oh. Does that bother you?"

'No; I like it. Just curious."

Christ, that was hard.
I don’t need to ask her, for crying out loud. Besides a girl here has told me why she would wear it.

If you want to know your girlfriend's reason for doing something then asking her is the way to find out.

You've been told someone else's opinion about why she would wear it but that won't necessarily match your girlfriend's.

Anyway, your choice but trust me when I say a relationship only works when you openly communicate with your partner. Guessing and assuming and taking other people's opinions won't get you very far.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending