The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

Anyone Applied for DMU for Next year?

Thinking Of creating a group chat so we can know some people going to the same uni (especially those who don’t have any friends going)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Acopheaaa
Thinking Of creating a group chat so we can know some people going to the same uni (especially those who don’t have any friends going)

:hello: Have just moved your thread over in De Montfort University from Chat :smile:

:bump:
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Hey I’m going. What course you doing & are you living in student accom or commuting?
I've applied but not heard back yet, have you heard anything from them?
When did you apply? I haven’t heard anything yet, but i only applied on the 4th. When i applied last year, i got an offer after 4 weeks so they were quite quick
Reply 5
Applied on December 14th, just got an unconditional offer for Law, dont know whether to take it or not
Well done on the unconditional ☺️ And where else did you apply?
Reply 7
Original post by Miss_Tee9
Well done on the unconditional ☺️ And where else did you apply?

NTU, Uni of Law, Uni of Essx and Coventry, Wbu?
Ahh so you don’t mind travelling for the right course then. What city do you live in btw? And is there any uni which stood out for you initially?
I only applied for one course at DMU only. I got accepted onto the course last year, didn’t accept it, ended up regretting the uni i picked & dropped out. So as my application is pretty much identical to last time, I’m pretty hopeful they’ll offer me a place again
Reply 9
I live in Northamtpon, so not too far from DMU, I'll be living on campus wherever I go. Initially, and still now, NTU seemed like a really good Uni and the fact that a friend of mine is going to the University helps. I knew that I wouldn't apply to Unis really far away (3h+ from home) so that I can still visit on weekends and in the holidays etc.

If you got accepted last year, I see no reason why they would'nt accept you again this year. What University did you go to intially, and what course are/did you apply for?
Yeah it’s good you’re gunna move away to whichever uni because then you don’t need to let distance effect your choice. Have you got offers from the others yet or was that your 1st?

Yeah thats my logic anyway spesh as i already have the grades. I went to Birmingham City to do an education course but i didn’t like the timetable but mainly the way the course was taught e.g no lectures or real independent work. It was all just classroom based everyday and constant ‘discuss on your tables or in your groups etc’. It literally felt like being back in school is the best way to describe it, and as an ‘mature student’ it didn’t suit my needs. Also the timetable was very dragged out. I’ll be studying the same education course at DMU but with a language aswell

I knew last year i wanted to go to DMU and only declined due to wanting to save money by not living in student accom. A choice i regretted. I would say if you haven’t already then make a table comparing your offers. Course content/ how teaching is delivered/ cost of accom etc. I don’t know when your deadline to reply is by, but take your time and don’t rush it.
Original post by Miss_Tee9
Yeah it’s good you’re gunna move away to whichever uni because then you don’t need to let distance effect your choice. Have you got offers from the others yet or was that your 1st?

Yeah thats my logic anyway spesh as i already have the grades. I went to Birmingham City to do an education course but i didn’t like the timetable but mainly the way the course was taught e.g no lectures or real independent work. It was all just classroom based everyday and constant ‘discuss on your tables or in your groups etc’. It literally felt like being back in school is the best way to describe it, and as an ‘mature student’ it didn’t suit my needs. Also the timetable was very dragged out. I’ll be studying the same education course at DMU but with a language aswell

I knew last year i wanted to go to DMU and only declined due to wanting to save money by not living in student accom. A choice i regretted. I would say if you haven’t already then make a table comparing your offers. Course content/ how teaching is delivered/ cost of accom etc. I don’t know when your deadline to reply is by, but take your time and don’t rush it.

Yeah I got offers from all the unis I have applied to, I need to do the timetable weighing my options, thats a good shout. I dont want to go to a city that lacks culture, being mixed, I dont want to "stand out" if you know what I mean. I would hate to be taught in a classroom, I thought all unis taught in a hall anyway.
Yeah at the very least it should help you narrow down the courses which can go on your no list and hopefully leave you with 2. Yeah i 100% know what you mean. I don’t know much about your other choices but i know DMU is well known for it’s culture and diversity. One of the reasons i chose it tbh. Another tip might be checking out if any of the unis offer bursaries. For example i learnt I’m eligible for a £1000 per year bursary from DMU which will obviously help alot with travel etc. Could help make up your mind!
Oh damn, I completely forgot about that, I'll checkout for all of them, I'm poor lmao
Loool 😂 Yeah free money is always good lol
Reply 15
yeh and i got an unconditional for IR
I applied for biomedical sciences 4 days ago!
Anyone else?
Hi, I'm coming to DMU, got an unconditional for History
Reply 18
I have an unconditional for accounting and business management
Is anyone planning on commuting to DMU? & if so, where from?

Quick Reply