The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
why not just look at a cross section of league tables?
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 21
Warwicks combined English and Creative Writing course is the most oversubscribed arts course in europe... it doesn't show up on league tables though so it's hard to judge.
Reply 22
Excuses
Maths, Economics & Law in my opinion. :smile:

seconded
Reply 23
ILIGAN
I know Warwick is strong accross all fields but what are the 3 most "famous/prestigious" courses at Warwick?

If there was an award for the OP of the most pointless threads, you would definitely win it by a long shot.

Seriously people are right. The amount of time and space people waste on this site delving into endless debates on university and course prestige is beyond ridiculous. I know I have posted at times but seriously some ppl need to grow up and get a life.
Reply 24
Excuses
Maths, Economics & Law in my opinion. :smile:

I've heard the Maths people aren't that strong. Some could easily be taken in a fight. ;yes;
Reply 25
like quite a few courses from depts maths/stats/econ/business will be the strongest warwick can offer
Reply 26
plus_one
If there was an award for the OP of the most pointless threads, you would definitely win it by a long shot.

Seriously people are right. The amount of time and space people waste on this site delving into endless debates on university and course prestige is beyond ridiculous. I know I have posted at times but seriously some ppl need to grow up and get a life.

lol, but his threads do get quite a large response...
Reply 27
history and sociology are both very strong - Warwick is strong across the board tho.
dangle
I've heard the Maths people aren't that strong. Some could easily be taken in a fight. ;yes;

Bring it on...:biggrin:
Reply 29
Agree that this is a completley pointless thread.

1. Who cares what the three strongest courses are at Warwick? This is just a completley opinion based question.

2. Who cares about prestige? , a university is a university! Does it actually matter where you study? To some degree maybe yes but mostly no.
psanghaLFC

1. Who cares what the three strongest courses are at Warwick? This is just a completley opinion based question.

2. Who cares about prestige? , a university is a university! Does it actually matter where you study? To some degree maybe yes but mostly no.

Hmmm.. I think what univeristy you go to does matter, otherwise why would there even be a league table?
Reply 31
psanghaLFC

1. The OP cares.
This is just a completley opinion based question. Yeah requiring answers that are obviously and inherently opinion-based ...
Not the endless 'my uni is better' and equally banal 'these are your opinions! , they must be meaningless!' crap that people spout every time someone asks a question of this nature

2. Your future boss 90% of the time , your future colleagues and current friends. Your parents and relatives , and thus if you have half a brain, you.

To some degree maybe yes but mostly no. To intelligent foward-looking people ~ Yes. To those planning to take decent degree subjects and entering decent jobs ~ Yes
Reply 32
i'd like to add that international students would care about the op's concerns a lot cos we are paying a small fortune to study in the uk. every factor matters.
Reply 33
Chrrye
1. The OP cares.
This is just a completley opinion based question. Yeah requiring answers that are obviously and inherently opinion-based ...
Not the endless 'my uni is better' and equally banal 'these are your opinions! , they must be meaningless!' crap that people spout every time someone asks a question of this nature

2. Your future boss 90% of the time , your future colleagues and current friends. Your parents and relatives , and thus if you have half a brain, you.

To some degree maybe yes but mostly no. To intelligent foward-looking people ~ Yes. To those planning to take decent degree subjects and entering decent jobs ~ Yes

And how!
Reply 34
Warwick's also consistently around 4th for English.
Reply 35
Econ/Maths/MORSE...and business (although WBS courses often controversially considered too mickey-mouse with 90% getting 2.1s+)
yay econ and maths :smile: thats me right there :p: i think anything in the WBS is going to a strong course by default...
Reply 37
Damn you economists always bringing WBS down...............
Reply 38
Lol...its just controversial i guess. great rep nonetheless, and we are jealous of the fact you get the good facilities!
Maths, Economics, and Business

Latest