My crush told my ex to date me Watch

Nightingale
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
My crush told my ex to date me. We now broke up, and I just found out about this.

How do I react to this? I feel angry at my crush and 'used' by both these guys. Do I have grounds to be upset or is this just a normal conversation between two guys?

I can't help but think my crush was trying to get rid of me so to speak and told my ex to date me.
Rock Fan
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Nightingale)
My crush told my ex to date me. We now broke up, and I just found out about this.

How do I react to this? I feel angry at my crush and 'used' by both these guys. Do I have grounds to be upset or is this just a normal conversation between two guys?

I can't help but think my crush was trying to get rid of me so to speak and told my ex to date me.
I don't see how the other guy was in the wrong for dating you, and to be honest don't think your crush was being malicious either.
Komaric
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
As a guy, I see this as someone just helping out his mate. I doubt your crush has interest in you but does think you're girlfriend material so he set you up with his friend.

Nobody used you and shouldn't be angry at them
GandalfWhite
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Nightingale)

Nothing wrong with what your 'crush' did and things not working out between you and your ex is a totally separate issue.

Forget it. And, just move on.
sinfonietta
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
It's likely he knew that your ex liked you and just encouraged him to go for it. That's called being a good friend. :dontknow:

No one has "used" you. You ultimately made the decision to date your ex.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (155)
18.61%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (82)
9.84%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (141)
16.93%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (119)
14.29%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (79)
9.48%
How can I be the best version of myself? (257)
30.85%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed