The Student Room Group

quitting my job

hi, I started working a couple of days ago and unfortunately due to my extreme anxiety disorder im thinking of leaving. it says I don't need to give any notice but I only worked two days so haven't made it to a 4 week paycheck, would I get paid for any of my hours if I left or no?
Original post by Notmorgan
hi, I started working a couple of days ago and unfortunately due to my extreme anxiety disorder im thinking of leaving. it says I don't need to give any notice but I only worked two days so haven't made it to a 4 week paycheck, would I get paid for any of my hours if I left or no?

Why leave? If you keep giving in to your anxiety you won’t get anywhere.

Have a long hard think about what really is holding you back, or are you just giving yourself excuses?
Reply 2
Original post by mizzsnazzter
Why leave? If you keep giving in to your anxiety you won’t get anywhere.

Have a long hard think about what really is holding you back, or are you just giving yourself excuses?

It's hard to explain all the details but I'm throwing up every morning and unable to eat as well as IBS flaring up. I did volunteering at an animal shelter once where I felt so great and no anxiety issues and that's the kind of job I want. I need to drive first though to get to the shelters on a regular basis and so that's why I was hoping for money even if I leave my current job. I'm not 100% decided but either way I'm curious whether people can get paid if they quite during probation
Are you getting medical help?
What if the answer is no, you won’t get paid. How would that change your decision making?
Reply 5
Original post by threeportdrift
What if the answer is no, you won’t get paid. How would that change your decision making?

I'd still be willing to leave I just wanted to find out because if I leave and pursue driving, I only have a certain amount of money saved up and don't want to burden my parents with helping out so I wanted to just see what I could get from it.
Reply 6
Original post by del1rious
Are you getting medical help?

no not at the moment but I'm pursuing therapy/CBT
Original post by Notmorgan
I'd still be willing to leave I just wanted to find out because if I leave and pursue driving, I only have a certain amount of money saved up and don't want to burden my parents with helping out so I wanted to just see what I could get from it.

If you’ve worked you should get paid - even if you leave after a week , they are obliged to pay you for the days you’ve worked

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending