Turn on thread page Beta

Best Christmas present as a child? watch

• TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    I'm a 90s kid, and I was over the moon when I got a Pocahontas doll whose hair you could braid with a special Meeko contraption (from 1995) and this 'Bedtime Barbie' from 1993 whose eyes opened/closed when you put water on them. What a time to be alive.

I also loved my 101 Dalamatians Tamagotchi and Sylvanian Families canal boat (apparently worth a fortune now!)

What weird and wonderful things were on your Christmas list when you were younger? Link to them if you can find them online.

ReputationRep:
    Arcadia Skeet Shoot, Top Corner Hockey and Talking Nano Kitty come to mind.

* Edit: Actually, so does Laser Challenge. My mom and I played this a couple of times on Christmas Day. Good times.

ReputationRep:
    Furby’s!!!! Every single year
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    what is your email?
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Nice! These look like 90s toys as well, not that I remember them?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by candokoala)
    Nice! These look like 90s toys as well, not that I remember them?!
    Yep. Mid to late 90s. I don't remember too many of my early to mid 90s presents. Hasbro wrestling figures were just being phased out for the earliest series of Jakks and I managed to score the first series in 1995. Earlier still... NES was there. So were TMNT figures. I remember getting a Raphael figure that I ended up playing with a lot.

My mom tells me the story of how she bought me a Babar plush and expected me to love it. I didn't care for it. It's on a VHS in storage somewhere. All I remember about that particular Christmas was expecting more to come out of my stocking and there was nothing left lol. Probably the earliest Christmas present memory I have. 1990? 1991?

ReputationRep:
    best present I ever got was when I was about 7, and my parents gave me a guitar amp.

I had been learning guitar for 2 years in school, and they were just starting electric guitar lessons. My parents bought me a kids begginer type electric guitar, which was next to my stocking... I openned it and all morning went through other presents from family/santa.. I didn't want to be rude, so I didn't mention an amp - maybe they didn't know that you can't really play electric guitar without one?

Eventually just before lunch my dad asked me why I didn't want to know about an amp - when I asked about one..they told me it was under the tree. I went back to the tree - but all of the family presents for everyone had been oppened in the morning, and there was nothing left. My dad then said that I was looking under the wrong tree. In my grandparents house where we used to spend christmas, they had a second tiny tree out in the porch for when people came in.. I rushed out to that tree, and It was resting on a wrapped present. For weeks I had just presumed they had wrapped the table to make it look more christmassy - but it was actually the guitar amp hiding all along.

Its not the most expensive present, or the thing I most wanted, or even the most meaningful - but its the one that sticks in my head because the experiance of getting it was the best. That I had given up, and was trying to be polite and good about it.. and then to have it as a surprise in a way that I never expected.. its about the only present I remember from my childhood explicitly and clearly.

Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.