How would you END the Simpsons? Watch

username4344212
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Simpsons fans are sharing how they would end the show - and the suggestions are fascinating.

The Simpsons is one of the most beloved and celebrated TV shows in history but after nearly 30 years on the air, it's fair to say that it has seen better days. With over 600 episodes to its name the show and its characters have pretty much done everything, there is to do and judging by recent criticisms. it has outstayed its welcome.

Yet season 30 of the animation is currently being broadcast and it shows no sign of drawing to a conclusion, especially as episodes still pull in on average, over 2 million viewers. The question of how to end the show has long been discussed with fans, many of whom felt that it peaked in the 90s and has never recovered.

A fascinating Twitter debate started. So how would you end the Simpsons?
jameswhughes
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It's been declining for nearly 20 years, just put it out of its misery as soon as possible please. :lol:
math42
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Show the blowfish episode again but with a new ending in which Homer actually dies.
Andrew97
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Machine gun.
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
God appears, drops a load of paint stripper, everyone fades away.
FloralHybrid
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Any show where the characters don’t seem to grow up has overstayed it’s welcome after almost 30 years, not to mention confused us all

I’m not sure how you can end a series where the characters haven’t developed, I feel like there’s no real storyline for people to be invested in. I’m curious to see how they finish it. There’s no real plot to wrap up, or resolutions to be had.

That being said, I want to watch Bart blow up the house and see how they deal with that. For the lols.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
sknudson
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The Power Plant shuts its doors creating a gigantic depression in Springfield. The Simpson family become homeless along with other key characters affected by the economy. Marge sells herself into prostitution, Bart develops a drug habit and subsequently contracts HIV, Lisa commits suicide, and Homer sells Maggie to support his now raging alcoholism. Everyone meets an untimely end thanks to widespread poverty and limited support channels. Shelbyvillians cash in on the situation by making Springfield a gigantic Big Brother meets The Purge type filming - and laugh at their sickening results.

... Merry Christmas.
ANM775
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Add shows like South Park and Pokemon to the list too

both shows have been going 20 years+

Ash ketchum is not a 10 year old boy anymore. He should be about 30 by now. Pikachu should have probably died from old age long too tbh
goggleyed
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
allowed the Simpsons movie to have been the ending
JTharma
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Honestly I don’t think there will be a way to wrap things up, there is no time progression in the simpsons universe so every episode has nothing to do with the one before it. I think it should just be another episode but with “the end” or “thanks for watching” at the end. There’s no big dramatic ending they can do
adam277
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I think another movie that ends it all would be great.
Either way another movie would be great. I liked the last one a lot.
SillyPig123
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Some kind of epic fourth wall break. Only way.
Mainline421
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The Simpsons is still great (with a few exceptions) despite what most people say. It'd virtually impossible to give a good end after being on for this long but I did think the end of the last season finale wouldn't have been a bad end.

Last edited by Mainline421; 1 month ago
Andrew97
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
They dress up as Mr burns for a party, and Maggie shoots them all.

She’s then executed for murder.
DrMikeHuntHertz
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The weakest link in the continuation of the Simpsons imo are the main voice actors, same applies to Family Guy, South Park etc.
CTLeafez
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Maggie finally says her first coherent piece of dialogue in front of the entire Simpsons family and it's simply her just destroying them all for their shortcomings.

Homer - abusive, incompetent, alcoholic.
Marge - Enabler of Homer's aggressive towards Bart and alcoholism.
Lisa - Superiority complex leading to know it all attitude which will push everyone away from ever loving her. Even Milhouse will get fed up of her BS.
Bart - Lil' **** who really needs to be sent away to a military school. Causes the majority of the conflict.
Chief Wiggum
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Travel back in time and end it after series 8.
Linalolo
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I swear that back in 2010 or so they said that the simpsons was gonna stop airing episodes in 2012.. What happened?! Why is it still going!?
amaraub
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Linalolo)
I swear that back in 2010 or so they said that the simpsons was gonna stop airing episodes in 2012.. What happened?! Why is it still going!?

Name:  hm.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  38.5 KB
Yr_11_MATHS
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I think that some revenue is better than no revenue so they will continue to produce more series. A classic example is Star Wars, they will never stop making more movies because they know people will still pay to watch it despite the S**tty storyline.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (985)
79.44%
Leave (255)
20.56%

Watched Threads