reallyjaan
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Can students work part time,what's the maximum hours a student is allowed to work for and how much can he/she earn per hour?
CityofMud
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by reallyjaan)
Can students work part time,what's the maximum hours a student is allowed to work for and how much can he/she earn per hour?
20 hrs a week max for international students, unlimited for UK/EU but your university normally has a recommended limit so that you can keep up with your studies.
Your wage depends on where you're based. I can't comment unless it's London.
reallyjaan
Rep:
?
I'm mostly applying for University of South Wales,any idea about the wages in that locality?
CityofMud
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm mostly applying for University of South Wales,any idea about the wages in that locality?
No idea, maybe post in that uni’s specific forum and ask
reallyjaan
Rep:
?
okay,thank you ❤
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Your wage will depend on how old you are where you work. Jobs in retail, fast food, hospitality etc (the most common jobs for students) will most likely be National Minimum Wage or just above it.
chronicalexa
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Primark is 7.38 for under 25s, over is 7.90, but that’s all I got ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hallamstudents
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey! Its up to you when and how lomg you want to work i believe. The money will depend on what job you get but usually its minimum wage for students. what sort of job are yoou looking for?
Sophia
DarkChaoz95
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
At university, ideally you dont want to work more than 15 hrs a week if your studying full time. But again, the maximum recommended work hrs may differ between unis but i suspect its roughly 15.

As for how much you can earn,depends on the job in the local area.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (329)
34.6%
No (622)
65.4%

Watched Threads