The Student Room Group

long distance relationships

so if someone was in sixth form and the other person was in year 11. would it work for you and they were in a different city. how would t work?

and the age gap? does it matter?
If the person in Y11 was 16 it could work. If they were still 15 it's illegal to have a sexual relationship and you may get some hostility from parents. Distance relationships aren't for me, but they can work if you both put the effort in. It's a bit odd to do so at such a young age though, as I think it's more common to just date someone you go to school with.. it could be more difficult given you're both too young to be driving (unless you're 17 and passed quickly of course) but if you both want it to work, it could.

EDIT: Personally though, I think LDRs should only be done when there's really no other way, as you can miss out on a lot, and part of me really thinks that at your age you need all of the fun that comes with a relationship, not "dating" someone and only being able to see them once in a blue moon.
Reply 2
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
If the person in Y11 was 16 it could work. If they were still 15 it's illegal to have a sexual relationship and you may get some hostility from parents. Distance relationships aren't for me, but they can work if you both put the effort in. It's a bit odd to do so at such a young age though, as I think it's more common to just date someone you go to school with.. it could be more difficult given you're both too young to be driving (unless you're 17 and passed quickly of course) but if you both want it to work, it could.

EDIT: Personally though, I think LDRs should only be done when there's really no other way, as you can miss out on a lot, and part of me really thinks that at your age you need all of the fun that comes with a relationship, not "dating" someone and only being able to see them once in a blue moon.

ye maybe. since i go to a boys only i cant find someone at my school and it sucks.

it wouldn't last long but could work.

its a stupid idea idk what i was thinking; would break my heart and hers if it didnt work out haha
Original post by Anonymous
so if someone was in sixth form and the other person was in year 11. would it work for you and they were in a different city. how would t work?

and the age gap? does it matter?

It works for me with a few thousand miles between us and a 7 year age gap.

If you're willing to put the effort in and work for it it'll be fine.
Reply 4
Original post by DrawTheLine
It works for me with a few thousand miles between us and a 7 year age gap.

If you're willing to put the effort in and work for it it'll be fine.

how often do you meet in real?
how often do you meet in real?

Twice a year.
Reply 6
Original post by DrawTheLine
Twice a year.

the dedication tho :h:
the dedication tho :h:

When you love someone you're willing to do things like this.
It can work, yes. Age is just a number after all and distance can work if the 2 of you are committed. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending