Predicted A*A*A
Course : Bsc Accounting and Finance
Original post by RealNickGa
I'm new so forgive me if i miss something

O levels 6A* 3A
A level 3 A math econ accounting
Predicted A*A*A
Course : Bsc Accounting and Finance

Chances about 60% I'd say, whether you get in depends on your academic reference and personal statement as well. Make sure those are strong and go for it, good luck!
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
O levels I assume are gcse equivalents: good
A level subject: good, perhaps accounting is a weakling. Not as strong as physics, for example
Predicted: good

it's all down to the personal statement (and references). There have been countless rejections this year due to a poor personal statement, despite having many A*s in gcse and predicted. good luck
Reply 3
Your grades are good enough, it’s your personal statement that will determine whether you get in. It’s pretty much a lottery tbh
Original post by JTharma
Your grades are good enough, it’s your personal statement that will determine whether you get in. It’s pretty much a lottery tbh

Whilst there is an element of luck, beyond strong grades it is unequivocally about PS quality. LSE have published a lot of literature about what they deem a good PS so it’s not exactly random.
Reply 5
Thanks for the replies, people. I hope I can conjure up something good for my PS and make it to my dream school.
Reply 6
Original post by MrMoment
Whilst there is an element of luck, beyond strong grades it is unequivocally about PS quality. LSE have published a lot of literature about what they deem a good PS so it’s not exactly random.

Yeah I admit I exaggerated how much luck is involved but the level of importance that the PS has for lse is a bit crazy. At least at oxbridge there’s usually a test and an interview. And other universities tend to pretty much give you an offer if you’ve got the right predicted grades.
Original post by JTharma
Yeah I admit I exaggerated how much luck is involved but the level of importance that the PS has for lse is a bit crazy. At least at oxbridge there’s usually a test and an interview. And other universities tend to pretty much give you an offer if you’ve got the right predicted grades.

Yeah LSE puts a lot of weight on it. It means that even people with 4A* a level predictions get rejected on the basis of their PS. I suppose the process is easier if you come from a school with strong PS support, but equally they have to find a way to decide between well qualified applicants. For example, LSE Economics attracts the highest calibre of applicants but has only a 20% offer rate (actually 30% for home students).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending