Fellowbibba
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I have a product design aqa gcse mock and I have no idea what to revise because all we have been doing is coursework. Please help?
PlzGiveMeA9
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Fellowbibba)
I have a product design aqa gcse mock and I have no idea what to revise because all we have been doing is coursework. Please help?
im in y11 and we have only done theory work every 2 weeks and only for 1 hour so i complete ly get you. im revising things about materials such as wood and smart materials and modern materials as my teachers said so. In dt i have managed to get a 7 in mocks of y10 from doing no revision(just day before) and just using my logic and looking for clues and using logic for example if if it says thermal or thermo in the material name i know its about heat.
PlzGiveMeA9
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Just want to say that after getting mocks (im in Y11) i actually got an 8+ in DT (The highest in the whole year, im not even kidding!) by just revising the day before(doing revision for around 30 mins then taking a 10min break). In Dt exams you need to just learn the basics and when they ask you to define things always back it up with an example. E.g modern materials -> kevlar
keileywalsh
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
All we've been doing is coursework and i hate what ive decided to do. What are you doing for your coursework. Did you get the three things to pick from : helping people with disabilities, in low income counties, and to improve a healthy lifestyle. If so which one did you pick and what are you doing?
CoolCavy
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by PlzGiveMeA9)
Just want to say that after getting mocks (im in Y11) i actually got an 8+ in DT (The highest in the whole year, im not even kidding!) by just revising the day before(doing revision for around 30 mins then taking a 10min break). In Dt exams you need to just learn the basics and when they ask you to define things always back it up with an example. E.g modern materials -> kevlar
Well done that's excellent

(Original post by keileywalsh)
All we've been doing is coursework and i hate what ive decided to do. What are you doing for your coursework. Did you get the three things to pick from : helping people with disabilities, in low income counties, and to improve a healthy lifestyle. If so which one did you pick and what are you doing?
You need to start a new thread in the DT forum please, this thread is about a different topic
Hapax_42
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Fellowbibba)
Got an A* for Product Design. Full marks on coursework and A* on exam. You still need any help with content or revision etc, happy to help.
MrMello
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
If you guys have any revision techniques for the theory part and you are willing to share tell me thanks
Last edited by MrMello; 2 years ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (67)
33.33%
Yes - a trusted person (54)
26.87%
No (53)
26.37%
I'm not sure (27)
13.43%

Watched Threads