Leeds vs Notts (UON) vs Lancaster:Who has the better graduate employment prospects?

Watch
peterdoncasters
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Who has the better graduate employment prospects? I am wondering what university out of these is targeted more by premier employers (Top investment banks, google, microsoft, amazon etc.)
NowAndThen
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Graduates with good grades demonstrating intelligence plus great extra-curricular activities demonstrating leadership have the best graduate employment prospects.
Lancaster University Student Ambassador
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi peterdoncasters,
I'm currently a second year student studying Biological Sciences with Biomedicine at Lancaster University.
Lancaster is currently 3rd in the UK for graduate employment (and best in the North West).
The university provides career fairs every year which will have a range of employers, including The Times Top 100 employers.
The careers service also runs workshops throughout the year which can help you with writing a CV or practising for an interview.
It's also likely your degree scheme will offer a specific careers based module.
If you want to look for yourself, you can find information about the careers service at graduate prospects at Lancaster here: https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/careers/...tive-students/
And you can also follow the careers service on their social media sites to see up-to-date information: https://twitter.com/LancsCareers
Hope this helps!
Let me know if you have anymore queries.
Charlotte
Digital content ambassador
peterdoncasters
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by ltsmith)
you could graduate from oxford or even harvard but if you can't solve the algorithms/data structure problems FAANG (facebook, amazon, apple, netflix, google) ask in their interviews, you aren't getting the job. likewise you could graduate from london met but if you can solve the technical interview problems, you'll get the job! employability in tech is about you, not the university's image.

but i'd rate notts and leeds as higher than lancaster because they have a better cs department. notts also has a beautiful campus.
thanks for the reply, thats great to hear.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (36)
28.35%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (11)
8.66%
No I am happy with my choice (71)
55.91%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (9)
7.09%

Watched Threads