The Student Room Group

Is it worth me applying to uniQ?

I got fairly decent grades at GCSE with 3 9s, 4 8s a 7 and 2 5s and i recently saw the uniQ residential. I was thinking about replying, but while I meet the academic requirements for the courses I'm lucky enough to not be able to meet the economic requirements 95 percent of people who are accepted have. Is it still worth it to apply?

A levels I'm doing are Maths Physics Chemistry and History. I'm considering applying with Physics first choice Chemistry second. If anyone knows of other summer schools or residential things I may have a better shot at please tell me!
Thanks in advance! :smile:
Original post by Andrewboi
I got fairly decent grades at GCSE with 3 9s, 4 8s a 7 and 2 5s and i recently saw the uniQ residential. I was thinking about replying, but while I meet the academic requirements for the courses I'm lucky enough to not be able to meet the economic requirements 95 percent of people who are accepted have. Is it still worth it to apply?

A levels I'm doing are Maths Physics Chemistry and History. I'm considering applying with Physics first choice Chemistry second. If anyone knows of other summer schools or residential things I may have a better shot at please tell me!
Thanks in advance! :smile:

Why not contact them and ask if there are any bursaries ir assistance for people who have insufficient income?
http://www.uniq.ox.ac.uk/

If you are from a poor background then maybe Sutton trust will be more up your street?
Apply anyway. there might not be many people applying for your course this year, so you will have better chances. I went last year and it was very helpful, I got great advice for personal statements ect, and just an overall view of Oxford uni.
You may want to also apply to Sutton Trust and Access to 'named uni' schemes, as then you could possibly get lower offers or greater consideration.
it is definitely worth applying!
Reply 3
Sorry for my original posts lack of clarity, my issue lies in the program not accepting most people unless they live in a poorer area (which I'm not complaining about, they should prioritise helping those who need it most) so I didn't know if it was worth applying with my grades as I'm lucky enough to live in a well off area.
Reply 4
Original post by joanna.rys
Apply anyway. there might not be many people applying for your course this year, so you will have better chances. I went last year and it was very helpful, I got great advice for personal statements ect, and just an overall view of Oxford uni.
You may want to also apply to Sutton Trust and Access to 'named uni' schemes, as then you could possibly get lower offers or greater consideration.
it is definitely worth applying!

Thanks for your reply, I'll definitely check out the Sutton trust and access to schemes

Quick Reply

Latest