The Student Room Group

Worst anxiety breakdown!!:( PLEASE HELP!

Hi,

A few days back I sent an email to a teacher about something which I knew she would be able to help me with. (Bearing in mind, usually she's been able to offer good advice despite me no longer being in school). So today I got an email from 'Microsoft Exchange Approval system' saying "Your message has expired without any moderator decision from the following recipient" (the name of recipient).

I'm worried has she just blocked me? I didn't say anything wrong. I dont know what's happened and it's made me very panicky and upset! I'm hoping she would have received my email. The email i sent still appears in my sent folder. I dont know and am feeling so sick. I have anxiety which is just making this whole process ten times worse.
I'm hoping it's a mistake that the softwares made.
I've never got such an email before it's very strange.... And I've sent similar emails asking for advice in the past and nothing like this has ever happend.
Its making me so anxious!!
Original post by Anonymous
Hi,

A few days back I sent an email to a teacher about something which I knew she would be able to help me with. (Bearing in mind, usually she's been able to offer good advice despite me no longer being in school). So today I got an email from 'Microsoft Exchange Approval system' saying "Your message has expired without any moderator decision from the following recipient" (the name of recipient).

I'm worried has she just blocked me? I didn't say anything wrong. I dont know what's happened and it's made me very panicky and upset! I'm hoping she would have received my email. The email i sent still appears in my sent folder. I dont know and am feeling so sick. I have anxiety which is just making this whole process ten times worse.
I'm hoping it's a mistake that the softwares made.
I've never got such an email before it's very strange.... And I've sent similar emails asking for advice in the past and nothing like this has ever happend.
Its making me so anxious!!

Can you speak to her in person or get someone to check on your behalf i.e another teacher?
Do you have a school counsellor?
Perhaps they never received it? Better find out rather than fret.

0. Childline 0800 1111
1. Samaritans 116 123
2. https://kooth.com/ Online counselling
3. https://www.nopanic.org.uk/no-panic-youth-hub/
4. The Mix. 0808 808 4994. Sunday to Friday from 2pm to 11pm. webchat Sunday to Friday from 2pm to 11pm, and Saturday from 8pm to 11pm.

Quick Reply