Changing my name? (I didn’t know where to upload this, sorry). Watch

Dxxle
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey guys, so my name is a Turkish name and I live in London. My name has the letter (c) in it however it is pronounced as (j/ç). So many people mispronounce my name and I feel so sad and it’s very embarrassing when supply teachers pronounce it wrong or in registers generally. I’m in year 12 and I want to change the spelling of my name (only one letter) when I’m applying to university because I don’t want to be embarrassed when professors mispronounce my name or even in graduation in front of so many people (even marriage) 😒. Would this cause any problems when I’m applying for work as I would have my gcse and a level certificates in my old name whereas my uni degree in my new name (even though it’s a one letter difference and my surname and everything is the same)?
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Dxxle)
Hey guys, so my name is a Turkish name and I live in London. My name has the letter (c) in it however it is pronounced as (j/ç). So many people mispronounce my name and I feel so sad and it’s very embarrassing when supply teachers pronounce it wrong or in registers generally. I’m in year 12 and I want to change the spelling of my name (only one letter) when I’m applying to university because I don’t want to be embarrassed when professors mispronounce my name or even in graduation in front of so many people (even marriage) 😒. Would this cause any problems when I’m applying for work as I would have my gcse and a level certificates in my old name whereas my uni degree in my new name (even though it’s a one letter difference and my surname and everything is the same)?
As long as you ve evidence for your name change it ll be fine.
Dxxle
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Original post by claireestelle)As long as you ve evidence for your name change it ll be fine.
Would I need like a deed poll?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (468)
66.86%
No (232)
33.14%

Watched Threads