The Student Room Group

University in London

I live in Birmingham but Im planning to go to a Uni in London, Whats the best way to get there and back?
When you're taking all your stuff to move in at the start of the year, you're probably best off getting your parents to drive you. It's so much easier than trying to take loads of suitcases on a train.

When you're going to and fro during the year, then the train will be the quickest option, but a coach would be cheaper.

With the train, book it as far in advance as possible to get the cheapest tickets.
Reply 2
Original post by LeapingLucy
When you're taking all your stuff to move in at the start of the year, you're probably best off getting your parents to drive you. It's so much easier than trying to take loads of suitcases on a train.

When you're going to and fro during the year, then the train will be the quickest option, but a coach would be cheaper.

With the train, book it as far in advance as possible to get the cheapest tickets.

But getting a train wouldnt I have to book a ticket everyday? How would I need to book far in advance?
Original post by NicoleBoat
But getting a train wouldnt I have to book a ticket everyday? How would I need to book far in advance?

Wait, you’re planning on commuting daily from Birmingham to London??
Reply 4
Wait, you’re planning on commuting daily from Birmingham to London??

Well it depends on what my timetable is like
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by NicoleBoat
Well it depends on what my timetable is like

Why not just move to London and live in halls?

You will miss out on a huge amount of the student experience living over 100 miles away, you'll spend 4-5 hours a day travelling and will lose huge amounts of time that you need for studying. You won't be able to spend time with friends (or even make friends in the first place) because you'll have to be rushing back to get the train.

And you definitely won't save money - the money you would be spending on halls will just go on your rail tickets.

If you want to live at home then go to university in Birmingham.

You would be mad to commute from Birmingham to university in London.
Reply 6
Why not just move to London and live in halls?

You will miss out on a huge amount of the student experience living over 100 miles away, you'll spend 4-5 hours a day travelling and will lose huge amounts of time that you need for studying. You won't be able to spend time with friends (or even make friends in the first place) because you'll have to be rushing back to get the train.

And you definitely won't save money - the money you would be spending on halls will just go on your rail tickets.

If you want to live at home then go to university in Birmingham.

You would be mad to commute from Birmingham to university in London.

Okay thanks

Quick Reply

Latest