The Student Room Group

Friend zone or not?

I did NCS quite recently, only a few months ago in fact. I met this girl on week two, but we only started talking after NCS. Outside of NCS, we've only seen each other three times but we do talk now and then on Snapchat. When I send streamed, she snaps back sometimes, and on two separate occasions, she sent one with our Bitmojis with her saying "Missin' you" with mine in a bubble, and the other time with hers saying "Besties" with hearts.

What I'm thinking is that how we've only seen each other three times, I'm unsure whether I should pursue her; I mean I like her, and I'd like to get to know more about her. I wish I had expressed myself the first time we met up, but I really want to express myself and maybe ask her out.

If she has friend zoned me, give me some pointers to escape it.

I really don't want to mess anything up and I actually hate asking friends as they're all dicks and deter me.

I really want help 😣😭
Hey there,

I think she's showing signs of interest in you and I would say go for it. I think you should talk to her a bit longer just on sc and then maybe arrange to meet up as friends, get to know her and take it from there.
Original post by AdamHope_
I did NCS quite recently, only a few months ago in fact. I met this girl on week two, but we only started talking after NCS. Outside of NCS, we've only seen each other three times but we do talk now and then on Snapchat. When I send streamed, she snaps back sometimes, and on two separate occasions, she sent one with our Bitmojis with her saying "Missin' you" with mine in a bubble, and the other time with hers saying "Besties" with hearts.

While I can't say for certain, it looks like she's keen on you. The only way you're going to find out for sure is to reach in your trousers, realise God gave you a pair of balls, bite the bullet and ask her out.

What I'm thinking is that how we've only seen each other three times, I'm unsure whether I should pursue her; I mean I like her, and I'd like to get to know more about her. I wish I had expressed myself the first time we met up, but I really want to express myself and maybe ask her out.

Ever heard of the saying, "It's not the quantity of time you spend together, it's the quality" . So you only met her three times... but that's plenty for a girl to fall for someone (and vice versa) if a good impression was made. Hell, some meaningful relationships have started over one meeting. Moreover, don't under-estimate the power of texting, Instagram etc.

If she has friend zoned me, give me some pointers to escape it.

When a girl puts a guy in the "friend-zone", it's very difficult to escape it. Being friend zoned, normally means that although you're a good guy, there's a fundamental flaw about you that makes you undateable. Any attempts to show her what a great boyfriend you'd make, will just come across as you're trying too hard (i.e. desperate and off-putting). Realistically, all you can do is drop off the radar completely for a few months and re-emerge later and see if "absence made the heart grow fonder"

I really don't want to mess anything up and I actually hate asking friends as they're all dicks and deter me.

I really want help 😣😭

Alrighty, let's look at the worst case scenario... In 6 months time would you rather look back on this and think:-

a) So she said "No", but I still had a great mate & a few weeks later I met Chloe, and spent many happy years with her
b) Why the f**k didn't I ask her out when I had the chance? I'm ten times better than that loser she dated. Aaargh

From your post, you're already on the path to being b), only you've still got the chance to pull it back... and you never know you could be in situation c) in 6 months time (I'll leave you to work out what that is :wink:
Just remember:- you miss 100% of the shots you don't take.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Old Skool Freak
While I can't say for certain, it looks like she's keen on you. The only way you're going to find out for sure is to reach in your trousers, realise God gave you a pair of balls, bite the bullet and ask her out.

Ever heard of the saying, "It's not the quantity of time you spend together, it's the quality" . So you only met her three times... but that's plenty for a girl to fall for someone (and vice versa) if a good impression was made. Hell, some meaningful relationships have started over one meeting. Moreover, don't under-estimate the power of texting, Instagram etc.

When a girl puts a guy in the "friend-zone", it's very difficult to escape it. Being friend zoned, normally means that although you're a good guy, there's a fundamental flaw about you that makes you undateable. Any attempts to show her what a great boyfriend you'd make, will just come across as you're trying too hard (i.e. desperate and off-putting). Realistically, all you can do is drop off the radar completely for a few months and re-emerge later and see if "absence made the heart grow fonder"

Alrighty, let's look at the worst case scenario... In 6 months time would you rather look back on this and think:-

a) So she said "No", but I still had a great mate & a few weeks later I met Chloe, and spent many happy years with her
b) Why the f**k didn't I ask her out when I had the chance? I'm ten times better than that loser she dated. Aaargh

From your post, you're already on the path to being b), only you've still got the chance to pull it back... and you never know you could be in situation c) in 6 months time (I'll leave you to work out what that is :wink:
Just remember:- you miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Thank you, I just want to say we've only met twice not three 🤦*♂️
Reply 4
It's not complicated, you just her ask her out and then you get your answer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending