The Student Room Group

GCSE revision tips

I really want top grades in my GCSEs (9s) could anyone from previous years that did well give me revision tips.
Thankyou!!!!
(I do maths, english, separate science, geography, computer science, french and product design)
Begin revising now!

Revising “little and often” rather than cramming helps you so much because it means that you are not stressing as much and allows you to recall more information. Going over topics several times means that you will be able to recall more and more information as time goes on (search the “forgetting curve” if you want to learn more about this).

I would also say mix up your revisions techniques as this keeps things fresh and your mind active, again meaning you are able to learn more; don’t simply stop to flash cards for example!

That’s a little overview because I’m a tad busy, if there’s anything else you’d like to know or and anxious about feel free to ask! :smile:
I learned a lot by regurgitating and condensing the content so as I went through the years I made notes, then at Christmas year 11 I started on one page posters per topic and in the run up to exams shortened these to flash cards. A good website/app is GCSEPOD if your school has it, it’s like podcasts with videos on all the subjects and I watched them on the bus to and from school in the final weeks - if you’re interested feel free to pm me as I think my subscription might still be working. Best of luck!
Original post by SleepyGnome
I learned a lot by regurgitating and condensing the content so as I went through the years I made notes, then at Christmas year 11 I started on one page posters per topic and in the run up to exams shortened these to flash cards. A good website/app is GCSEPOD if your school has it, it’s like podcasts with videos on all the subjects and I watched them on the bus to and from school in the final weeks - if you’re interested feel free to pm me as I think my subscription might still be working. Best of luck!

No my school doesn't haven't it, I'm new to TSR. How do I send PMs?
Original post by banders18
Begin revising now!

Revising “little and often” rather than cramming helps you so much because it means that you are not stressing as much and allows you to recall more information. Going over topics several times means that you will be able to recall more and more information as time goes on (search the “forgetting curve” if you want to learn more about this).

I would also say mix up your revisions techniques as this keeps things fresh and your mind active, again meaning you are able to learn more; don’t simply stop to flash cards for example!

That’s a little overview because I’m a tad busy, if there’s anything else you’d like to know or and anxious about feel free to ask! :smile:

Thank you so much, did you have any specific revision techniques for maths because I find revising it pretty hard. I do past papers but are there any other options.
Original post by avabecca165
No my school doesn't haven't it, I'm new to TSR. How do I send PMs?

Same so not a clue unfortunately 😂
Thank you so much, did you have any specific revision techniques for maths because I find revising it pretty hard. I do past papers but are there any other options.

Maths revision is essentially just practise, so other than doing past papers you could look at using websites online. Perhaps have a look at MyMaths and Dr Frost, just make sure you’re doing questions for your specification!

As @SleepyGnome has mentioned see if your school has any maths websites that you can sign up for!
Original post by SleepyGnome
Same so not a clue unfortunately 😂

Click on the persons namr and there's a link that's says "send message". ☯️😊
Screenshot_20181212-073134_Samsung Internet.jpg

Past papers helped me a lot. That the only thing I used to use

Quick Reply

Latest