Hisham Morsi
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I am in second year for A-Level and currently sitting on a Grade B, any tips on how to push it to an A/A*?
Any resources or revision tips I can put to use.

Much appreciated
baelish04
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Extra reading so more studies to back up your views. Look at the past papers (see what did they ask about) and mark schemes (what did they want candidates to include in their answers). Build habit of evaluating the studies you have read. Hope these help
I am currently doing A2 Psychology as well, good luck
Which exam board are you doing?
Last edited by baelish04; 1 year ago
mfadia07
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Hisham Morsi)
I am in second year for A-Level and currently sitting on a Grade B, any tips on how to push it to an A/A*?
Any resources or revision tips I can put to use.

Much appreciated
Okay so I'm in my second year too and I discovered this awesome site that has EVERYTHING I need. Whilst it's called 'Physics and Maths tutor' it has everything on psychology too.

https://www.physicsandmathstutor.com...n/a-level-aqa/
Hisham Morsi
Rep:
?
(Original post by baelish04)
Extra reading so more studies to back up your views. Look at the past papers (see what did they ask about) and mark schemes (what did they want candidates to include in their answers). Build habit of evaluating the studies you have read. Hope these help
I am currently doing A2 Psychology as well, good luck
Which exam board are you doing?
Thank you, I will continue to that.
I am doing AQA, yourself?
Hisham Morsi
Rep:
?
(Original post by mfadia07)
Okay so I'm in my second year too and I discovered this awesome site that has EVERYTHING I need. Whilst it's called 'Physics and Maths tutor' it has everything on psychology too.

https://www.physicsandmathstutor.com...n/a-level-aqa/
Wow, thank you - this website is awesome! Really appreciate it bud!
Good Luck on Second Year too!
baelish04
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thank you, I will continue to that.
I am doing AQA, yourself?
I am doing CIE, maybe advice from others who do AQA would be more helpful in this case :0
mfadia07
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Wow, thank you - this website is awesome! Really appreciate it bud!
Good Luck on Second Year too!
No problemo
Becca_leigh8507
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm doing AQA and in my second year too. I just sat my mock yesterday on biopsychology, schizophrenia, research methods and issues and debates. I just condense my notes until I physically can't anymore then build them back up. So for example, begin with an explanation for something in a full paragraph, then condense it into a few sentences, then one sentence, then a few keywords, then just one word to sum it up. Then use these steps in reverse order to see if you can remember how to expand this.I think this is effective as it only takes that one word in the exam to remember then you're off and should be able to eventually remember the whole paragraph. I then use these
Ferrous-flame
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Do any of you know how to do the exam technique for AQA psychology, or recommend any way in which I can learn to? I'm second year AQA but switched from OCR, and whilst I understand all the content really well, I have no clue what to do with it in an exam scenario. Also to what extent to the physics and maths tutor notes cover the content? (as you can tell catching up has me slightly overwhelmed)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (577)
34.45%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (689)
41.13%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (334)
19.94%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (75)
4.48%

Watched Threads