annak332
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Okay so I'm in my third year and I've never been in trouble for anything like this before but I recently submitted a portfolio of articles and since submitting it I have noticed some referencing errors highlighted by Turnitin. My similarity report percentage is very low (6%) but there is 2 sentences I forgot to quote, one is in quotation marks but I didn't cite it and the other I forgot to even quote or cite.

Then there is the odd basic fact in another article that I didn't think I would need to cite but they have again been highlighted by Turnitin as I pulled these facts from other sources online.

I'm really worried, is this considered plagiarism and will I get punished for it or is it likely to go unnoticed because its such a low percentage? Should I email a lecture about it?

The whole thing is nearly 4000 words and there is only problem areas in these two small paragraphs where the odd fact or missed reference is highlighted
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by annak332)
Okay so I'm in my third year and I've never been in trouble for anything like this before but I recently submitted a portfolio of articles and since submitting it I have noticed some referencing errors highlighted by Turnitin. My similarity report percentage is very low (6%) but there is 2 sentences I forgot to quote, one is in quotation marks but I didn't cite it and the other I forgot to even quote or cite.

Then there is the odd basic fact in another article that I didn't think I would need to cite but they have again been highlighted by Turnitin as I pulled these facts from other sources online.

I'm really worried, is this considered plagiarism and will I get punished for it or is it likely to go unnoticed because its such a low percentage? Should I email a lecture about it?

The whole thing is nearly 4000 words and there is only problem areas in these two small paragraphs where the odd fact or missed reference is highlighted
Yep no matter how small it's plagiarism. You used someone's work didn't say it wasn't yours.
Xchen
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Did you pass?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (53)
16.99%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (89)
28.53%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (117)
37.5%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (42)
13.46%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (11)
3.53%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed