The Student Room Group
Which course do you want to apply for? What were your GCSEs like?
Hi, there. I am also interested in that question. Preferably-Business management or business related (any course would be satisfying). I have only got GCSE maths-7
Original post by Your papa
Hi, there. I am also interested in that question. Preferably-Business management or business related (any course would be satisfying). I have only got GCSE maths-7

And do you also have an A level in addition to your BTEC?
Yes, Russian A-level at grade A, which is international language for me.
Original post by harrysbar
And do you also have an A level in addition to your BTEC?

Yes, Russian A-level at grade A, which is international language for me
BTEC Extended Diploma with high grades plus a relevant A level like Maths probably would be acceptable to many 'top' Unis - Bristol ask for BTEC DDD plus GCSE Maths 7 as one example : http://www.bristol.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/2020/management/bsc-management/ However, you would have to explain why you dont have a full set of GCSEs and in particular why you dont have GCSE English.
Original post by returnmigrant
BTEC Extended Diploma with high grades plus a relevant A level like Maths probably would be acceptable to many 'top' Unis - Bristol ask for BTEC DDD plus GCSE Maths 7 as one example : http://www.bristol.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/2020/management/bsc-management/ However, you would have to explain why you dont have a full set of GCSEs and in particular why you dont have GCSE English.

Will it be easier to apply through clearing?
Original post by Your papa
Will it be easier to apply through clearing?

If you dont have the required GCSEs, you will still be rejected,
i know someone who applied to warwick with one A level and a BTEC and the university gave them an offer with three A levels so probably not

LSE lists A level business in the generally not preferred section http://www.lse.ac.uk/study-at-lse/Undergraduate/Prospective-Students/How-to-Apply/Admissions-Information so make that a BTEC and you don't look so good
Original post by soojin010222
Is there anyone who succeeds to enter LSE or Warwick (even Oxford) with BTEC level 3 National Diploma?? I'm doing btec in business with A-level math.

Hi, You might not see this but if you do then can you please tell me which university you got into at last? My situation is similar to yours. I am doing a BTEC in business and A level maths. I only have two GCSE's Maths-9 and English-6. I would really like to study Accounting and Finance at LSE, however I am aware that my chances are extremely low. Any help would be appreciated.
Original post by Ahmed 002
Hi, You might not see this but if you do then can you please tell me which university you got into at last? My situation is similar to yours. I am doing a BTEC in business and A level maths. I only have two GCSE's Maths-9 and English-6. I would really like to study Accounting and Finance at LSE, however I am aware that my chances are extremely low. Any help would be appreciated.

You’re not going to get an answer, I guarantee it
Next time check the user’s last activity date on their profile, if you had you would have seen “Last Activity 20-11-2019” and they only have a history of one post (the one at the top of this page)
Original post by MedicWil
You’re not going to get an answer, I guarantee it
Next time check the user’s last activity date on their profile, if you had you would have seen “Last Activity 20-11-2019” and they only have a history of one post (the one at the top of this page)

Yup, I saw that but I still wanted to give it a try.
Yeah, last activity is when they last logged in
I assumed you would’ve known this considering the length you’ve been a member on the site
(edited 2 years ago)

Being pragmatic unless you have very very very exceptional circumstances for why you only have 2 GCSEs and also couldn’t do A-levels I think applying to LSE would probably be a waste.

BTEC isn’t listed on the entry requirements and your GCSEs don’t match the profile of their expectations. https://www.lse.ac.uk/study-at-lse/Undergraduate/Degree-programmes-2022/BSc-Accounting-and-Finance
Original post by mnot
Being pragmatic unless you have very very very exceptional circumstances for why you only have 2 GCSEs and also couldn’t do A-levels I think applying to LSE would probably be a waste.

BTEC isn’t listed on the entry requirements and your GCSEs don’t match the profile of their expectations. https://www.lse.ac.uk/study-at-lse/Undergraduate/Degree-programmes-2022/BSc-Accounting-and-Finance

Thank you for replying. I moved to UK when I just had turned 16. I wanted to do A levels but as I was 16 and did not have any GCSEs, I was left with no choice but to start with BTEC business level 1. I did my two GCSEs in college and I am doing A level maths privately (through self study) as my college is purely vocational and does not offer A levels. I never had a choice to choose, but if I did, I would have surely chosen A levels.
Thank you for replying. I moved to UK when I just had turned 16. I wanted to do A levels but as I was 16 and did not have any GCSEs, I was left with no choice but to start with BTEC business level 1. I did my two GCSEs in college and I am doing A level maths privately (through self study) as my college is purely vocational and does not offer A levels. I never had a choice to choose, but if I did, I would have surely chosen A levels.

Well their is no harm in emailing admissions, outlining your circumstances and ask if they will consider you in these circumstances but I still think it’s unlikely they will give you an offer without the correct pre-requisites.

Latest

Trending

Trending