?
Report 1 month ago
Nay.
Bang Outta Order
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Oi Skullayyyy. I say nay. :bigsmile: Unless they are so so cruel like terrorist or rapist or sadist. But even they are sentenced with death and appeal and get it reduced to life. So whatevs.
MrMarks
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind"
Lady Jamie
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
‘Yay or nay’....

You couldn’t think of a more appropriate title for the topic in question?
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Nay, it's a cop out.
Johnny English
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes ....100%

Dead men never argue or make the same mistake twice .

Kill em all ..... very last one .😱
BlinkyBill
  • TSR Community Team
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ScullywagonThree)
in the title.
FYI - I've just added a little poll to this thread for you.
Leviathan1611
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
yayyyyyy
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
God Is A Woman
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes, hopefully it would work as enough of a deterrent
Notoriety
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
In 2000, Roy Whiting abducted an 8-year-old girl called Sarah Payne in West Sussex and then murdered her. He was a child sex offender going back to 1995. She was found heavily decomposed in a field, her limbs were mangled owing to being eaten by animals, and her tissue so damaged the pathologist could not determine whether she had been sexually interfered with. We know she was asphyxiated and the jury were told her death was violent. Originally the judge ruled he would serve a life term in prison; it was reduced to a minimum of 50 years and then 40 years, at which time he can be up for parole.

In 2009, a search of his prison cell found that he had pictures of Sarah Payne stowed away. He cut the pictures out from newspapers and magazines. MoJ, in a confidential report, said: "It is of serious concern that the *security information indicates hidden newspaper cuttings of Mr Whiting’s victim and young girls were discovered during a cell search. ... It appears his interest in young girls continues."

It is fairly common for murderers to relive their murders as fantasies and it seems in his prison cell Whiting is no different. I don't know how we sit here and are quite content to allow this to continue; in effect allowing Sarah Payne to be violated every single day, when Whiting revisits what he did to her.
Ninomi
Badges: 11
Report 1 month ago
No.
ScullywagonThree
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Ninomi)
No.
why?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Obolinda
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Nay
Ninomi
Badges: 11
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ScullywagonThree)
why?
With a subject like this, someone’s either gonna be strongly opposed or strongly in favour, there’s no in between. I’m strong opposed, as I believe taking a life, no matter what they’ve done, makes you as bad as the criminal. No exceptions. Also, it’s a cop out. As sadistic as it may seem, you’ll suffer more in prison than if you die.
londonmyst
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Nay.
Just because murderers are vicious savages with no regard for other people's lives and refuse to see anything beyond their own violent animalistic desires, it doesn't mean that we should all embrace their ideology of violent savagery.
We no longer inhabit the brutal medieval era or ancient biblical "eye for an eye" times.
A world where state sanctioned violence and killing is endemic isn't a step forward, its centuries of regression into the cultural norms of the dark ages or worse.
Johnny English
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by londonmyst)
Nay.
Just because murderers are vicious savages with no regard for other people's lives and refuse to see anything beyond their own violent animalistic desires, it doesn't mean that we should all embrace their ideology of violent savagery.
We no longer inhabit the brutal medieval era or ancient biblical "eye for an eye" times.
A world where state sanctioned violence and killing is endemic isn't a step forward, its centuries of regression into the cultural norms of the dark ages or worse.23
Which perfectly describes third world religious and cultiral practises imported into 21st century Great Britain. Standards are vastly different across the globe until you obtain a passport .
JoshDarnIt
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Neigh
Mr smile
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Most Definately YES
londonmyst
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Johnny English)
Which perfectly describes third world religious and cultiral practises imported into 21st century Great Britain. Standards are vastly different across the globe until you obtain a passport .
Every nation and group has bad apples, some more than others.
I have no interest in any sort of identity politics or its close cousin political correctness.
Britain contains many habitually vile criminals, antisocial cranks and appalling troublemakers- both homegrown and expatriate.
Unfortunately I've crossed paths with quite a few of them over the years.

In previous posts I have written about how my uncle was beaten into permanent disability by a convicted paedophile with a history of violent and sexual offences.
That registered sexual offender was a homegrown scumbag that claimed to have been jobless for the last few decades but regularly holidayed in Thailand for longer than 10 weeks several times a year whilst unemployed.

I have also written about my 80 year old grandmother being a toxic religious fanatic and my parents being entrenched in the far left politics of Labour's militancy era since their student years.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (108)
19.78%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (222)
40.66%
Nope, not that interesting (216)
39.56%

Watched Threads