Does overthinking lead to depression? Watch

This discussion is closed.
RachelThorpe
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
I too much think about things, which make me feel like depressing and little bit sad. Most of the time the things are related to my health which make me think a lot. Can anyone help me to deal with such emotional dilemma?
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
For me, I believe that it has caused depression (and made my anxiety a lot worse). The thing I overthink about most is my relationship, but that's what makes me happiest, because he's amazing. It's like everything is fine, but I convince myself it's not. He's not happy at work at the moment so he's a bit down, and I've somehow managed to convince myself it's because he's not happy with me.

He's told me before that the only reason he would ever leave me would be because I acted like this - yet I can't stop. It's horrible.
JoshDarnIt
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Overthinking can lead to a lot of negative emotions yes. Something I discovered that helps is meditation. It allows for the mind to quieten down and can really help with overthinking, anxiety, depression etc. Give it a try! If you do decide to give meditation a go, try it daily for at least a month. You should start to notice a gradual change if you continue with it daily. 10 mins a day is all you need, although you could do it for longer if you choose to.

If you feel like your overthinking and depression is getting too much for you though, then I suggest you make an appointment with your gp.

Good luck! Hope everything pans out well for you!
RalphMcDonald
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Overthinking is only not the cause of depression but it can lead to make a person depressed. Depression is chemical imbalance in the body that caused by physical condition and has many causes. Some people do over analysis and think to a negative ends. That force those to think more about the things and in such case anyone can get depressed and that may prevent from moving forward.
Kindred
  • Volunteer Team
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
I'm closing thisthread cos it's old and that gets confusing. If anybody wants to discuss something similarplease feel free to make a new thread.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has 2019 been so far?

Amazing!!! (41)
5.65%
Fairly positive (242)
33.33%
Just another year... (287)
39.53%
Is it 2020 yet? (156)
21.49%

Watched Threads