Poll: Cast your vote in the TSR general election!
TSR Liberal Democrats (27)
18.37%
CatusStarbright, Independent candidate (4)
2.72%
Unown Uzer, Independent candidate (8)
5.44%
Aph, Independent candidate (2)
1.36%
TSR Labour Party (41)
27.89%
TSR Conservative and Unionist Party (46)
31.29%
TSR Libertarian Party (15)
10.2%
Spoilt ballot (4)
2.72%
This discussion is closed.
Saracen's Fez
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Welcome to the 28th TSR general election!

Voting in the 28th TSR general election is now open! There are four parties and three independent candidates competing for your vote, and their manifestos are displayed below.

All TSR users are allowed to vote, provided they have at least 100 posts and their account is at least 3 months old when voting closes in a week. If you don't know if this is you, cast a vote anyway and we will make sure all eligible votes are counted.

If you have any trouble casting a vote, you can do so as a last resort by sending a PM to both me and the Deputy Speaker, Jammy Duel.

TSR Liberal Democrats

CatusStarbright, Independent candidate

Unown Uzer, Independent candidate

Aph, Independent candidate

TSR Labour Party

TSR Conservative and Unionist Party

TSR Libertarian Party

Last edited by Saracen's Fez; 1 year ago
Aph
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Saracen's Fez I can see the poll results.
04MR17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
VOTE LIBERAL DEMOCRAT

Strong and Stable, like Vince Cable.:cool:
Last edited by 04MR17; 1 year ago
Saracen's Fez
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Aph)
Saracen's Fez I can see the poll results.
Hopefully not any more.
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
So, with regards to the manifestos!,
The Lib Dem one is pathetic tbh, I understand that there is a longer one on its way but right now it’s appauling. I don’t expect them to do well.
Catus’ manifesto just looks like a CV.
UU’s manifesto is just a PowerPoint, it’s appauling.
I won’t comment on my manifesto.
Labour manifesto looks awful! It hurts my eyes looking at it.
Tory manifesto is meh, doesn’t really bother me one way or another but it doesn’t look different to previous ones.
Libber manifesto is also meh, the logo is too similar to the background.
Life_peer
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Alright, this obviously isn't the Model House of Graphic Designers, lol.

The Libertarian manifesto especially hurts my eyes though. On the other hand, UU's is pretty sleek.
Connor27
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Vote Libertarian for more freedom:

Freedom from taxation, complete freedom from the bureaucratic rule of the EU, and freedom to say what you want and do what you want, including buying firearms.

11CFF7F8-26FA-4793-9053-CE8B577A91A2.jpeg

If that’s not enough, we also have the best memes.
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
TSR Tories: promises made, promises broken. Vote Libertarian for fiscal conservatism

No fiscal policies from the Tories, I guess that's one way to avoid breaking promises. The other thing to note is that almost every single policy shouts "WE'RE RECYCLING OLD BILLS!!!"
Last edited by Jammy Duel; 1 year ago
username1751857
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Lib Dems - where's the full manifesto promised! I was very disappointed to click and not find it!
Catus - It does admittedly look like a CV but a nice range of policies including the MGM one which I look forward to working with you on in the next term!
UU - Simple but I wish it wasn't a powerpoint.
Aph - Isn't the easiest to read, I wish it was more simple rather than randomly coloured texts...
Labour - I hope with those policies we will actually see them carried out next term or even if they're not in the manifesto, I just hope to see more output!
Conservatives - Beautiful manifesto of course
Libertarians - One that is not easy on the eyes, looks like it was made in Word with all the horrible underlining of words.
Connor27
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
ns_2: why do you believe that we should cozy up to virtually all of the West’s ideological enemies? Including the butcher Vladimir Putin, the communist Chinese and “the Middle East” - which is fair to assume probably includes the genocidal Iranians and Bashar Al-Assad?

PetrosAC: why should the electorate trust your party when you have proposed a grand total of 3 policies in the manifesto?
Mr T 999
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Want Freedom?
Hate Paying Taxes?
Vote Libertarians!
Last edited by Mr T 999; 1 year ago
Connor27
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Vote Libertarian - we keep our promises and we will keep Britain safe, with a sensible, pro-western foreign policy.
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
CoffeeGeek admittedly I didn’t put too much effort into my poster and my main manifesto looks much better.
PetrosAC
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Connor27)
ns_2: why do you believe that we should cozy up to virtually all of the West’s ideological enemies? Including the butcher Vladimir Putin, the communist Chinese and “the Middle East” - which is fair to assume probably includes the genocidal Iranians and Bashar Al-Assad?

PetrosAC: why should the electorate trust your party when you have proposed a grand total of 3 policies in the manifesto?
They are just our Top 3 Policies. More will be released during the election cycle

Last edited by PetrosAC; 1 year ago
ns_2
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Connor27)

It is my belief that we must step up action through and alongside our strategic allies - the likes of NATO, the EU member states in their own sovereign regards, and the Commonwealth (allies we often overlook) - to put additional pressure on the likes of the Chinese and the Syrians to respect the established international consensus, and protect the security and safety of innocent individuals.

The manifesto pledges to do this. We must be confident enough to stand up for the rule of law and democracy in all circumstances; crucially, if any party wishes to come to the table and admit fault, admit defeat, we remain open to doing so - however, given the course of events, this is unlikely to occur.

In the same way that we must work, in a diplomatic sense, with our strategic partners and allies to avoid economic and political escalation (notably, the pathetic trade war between China and the US; and the tit-for-tat detention of a Canadian individual in response to the detention of a leading member of Huawei (although exact details on this has yet to be properly revealed; there may be legitimate circumstances)), we must also be prepared, with our partners, to do whatever it takes - in all regards - to maintain world order.
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm intrigued by Labour claiming they will "Make education free for everyone", does this mean irrespective of age or is this just stating that Labour will pledge to do what is already the case?
04MR17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Aph)
So, with regards to the manifestos!,
The Lib Dem one is pathetic tbh, I understand that there is a longer one on its way but right now it’s appauling. I don’t expect them to do well.
Catus’ manifesto just looks like a CV.
UU’s manifesto is just a PowerPoint, it’s appauling.
I won’t comment on my manifesto.
Labour manifesto looks awful! It hurts my eyes looking at it.
Tory manifesto is meh, doesn’t really bother me one way or another but it doesn’t look different to previous ones.
Libber manifesto is also meh, the logo is too similar to the background.
"Meh" is literally the nicest thing you have to say about any of them? Lighten up Aph.
Joep95
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Only Labour is pushing for a good future for all people
04MR17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Mr T 999
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Labour manifesto hurts my eyes.

Aph manifesto is just ****e.

Lib Dem manifesto good design but lacking in content (nobody is going to bother to click on the link).

UU manifesto good sleek design and decent amount of policies.

Tories good simple design although not very creative looks the same as the previous ones. Policies are lot of waffle.

Catus just looks like a CV lol :rofl:

Liber design could do with improvement, but we have the best policies!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (479)
66.44%
No (242)
33.56%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed