The Student Room Group

Ultimate GCSE mocks results thread!

Hi all :wavey:
If you’ve already completed mocks, well done! You made it through :biggrin: :party:
Good luck to all those who have mocks coming up or are in the middle of them :smile: You can do it :rave:

So whenever you get your results, you can post them on here!
It can be your mock grades vs the ones you ideally want, a comment on generally how well they went, or just all of your numbered grades added up if you don’t want to share everything individually :smile:

(This is thread was in no way made to make people feel bad about their results - remember successs is relative :smile: And just a gentle reminder that no exam details from the 2018 series should be shared :biggrin:)

Some useful links:
Year 11 Discussion Thread https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5541058#primary_content

A-Level Options Help Thread https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5675284#primary_content

Good luck, well done and remember to take a break in the Christmas hols :hugs:
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

So I got my results back today and I’m relatively happy with them :smile:
8s in maths + r.e :rave: and biology :headfire:
7s in Physics + English language :woo: English Lit + Music + Chemistry:dontknow: Geography :smile:

66 points overall

Spoiler

(edited 5 years ago)
That is wonderful so epic. Congrats!!
How do you get an 8 for maths and the 7 for chemistry?
They are the worst subjects for me right now with a 6 for maths and 4 for chemistry
Original post by A.ahmzz2k03
That is wonderful so epic. Congrats!!
How do you get an 8 for maths and the 7 for chemistry?
They are the worst subjects for me right now with a 6 for maths and 4 for chemistry

Hi! Thank you :smile:
Maths comes quite naturally for me, but i would advise learning the formulas and learning how to do questions and then practising them (leave past papers until you've covered all the content, but https://www.corbettmaths.com has questions for every topic which is really useful :biggrin:

Ngl we had a fairly easy chemistry paper which is probably why :lol: but chem is just about knowing the content and practicals inside out :smile: i recommend the youtube channel freesciencelessons if you haven't already found him :smile:
good luck!
For my November mocks i got

English Language - 8
English Literature - 5
Maths - 6
Biology - 7
Chemistry - 4
Physics - 8
Computing - 5
French - 4
Business Studies - 5
History - 6

:smile:
(edited 4 years ago)
For my mocks i got

English Language - 8
English Literature - 5
Maths - 6
Biology - 7
Chemistry - 4
Physics - 8
Computing - 5
French - 4
Business Studies - 5
History - 6

As you can see I've got a lot of work to do especially for French and Chemistry but with support and effort everyone can accomplish what they want to. On TSR I'm honestly looking for a study partner who has the same subjects and so we can share our success. :smile:

omg congrats! teach me your ways for physics :adore:
Well done Laura!! :woo:
For my mocks i got

English Language - 8
English Literature - 5
Maths - 6
Biology - 7
Chemistry - 4
Physics - 8
Computing - 5
French - 4
Business Studies - 5
History - 6

As you can see I've got a lot of work to do especially for French and Chemistry but with support and effort everyone can accomplish what they want to. On TSR I'm honestly looking for a study partner who has the same subjects and so we can share our success. :smile:

That's so good oml
Original post by RazzzBerries
Well done Laura!! :woo:

prsom :biggrin:
I'm having an official ''results day'' for mock results combined with my numeracy GCSE that I did in November ):
Original post by mpaprika
I'm having an official ''results day'' for mock results combined with my numeracy GCSE that I did in November ):

good luck! :smile:
WJEC then?
oh and both links go to to the year 11 thread:^_^:
Original post by mpaprika
oh and both links go to to the year 11 thread:^_^:

thank you :smile:
Original post by laurawatt
good luck! :smile:
WJEC then?

thank you! And yes unfortunately :colondollar:
Mine were:
Maths - 9
Biology - 9
Chemistry - 9
Physics - 9
Geography - 9
DT - 9
English language - 8
Statistics - 8
Further maths - A
French - 7

I’m really happy with most but I’d like to bring the French up to at least an 8 if I can :smile: Also I didn’t have an English literature mock thankfully as I know that wouldn’t have gone great if I did :lol:

Well done to everyone else who’s done mocks and remember that if you haven’t done as well as you’d like you’ve still got 5/6 months to improve! And good luck to anyone who hasn’t done theirs yet :smile:
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by imogen28
Mine were:
Maths - 9
Biology - 9
Chemistry - 9
Physics - 9
Geography - 9
DT - 9
English language - 8
Statistics - 8
Further maths - A
French - 7

I’m really happy with most but I’d like to bring the French up to at least an 8 if I can :smile: Also I didn’t have an English literature mock thankfully as I know that wouldn’t have gone great if I did :lol:

Well done to everyone else who’s done mocks and remember that if you haven’t done as well as you’d like you’ve still got 5/6 months to improve! And good luck to anyone who hasn’t done theirs yet :smile:

omg goals :laugh: huge congrats! :yes: i'm sure you'll be able to push that french grade up :woo:
omg goals :laugh: huge congrats! :yes: i'm sure you'll be able to push that french grade up :woo:

Thank you!! You did really well too :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by imogen28
Mine were:
Maths - 9
Biology - 9
Chemistry - 9
Physics - 9
Geography - 9
DT - 9
English language - 8
Statistics - 8
Further maths - A
French - 7

How did you get all 9's in Triple science
omg congrats! teach me your ways for physics :adore:

Thank you :smile: all i can say is to watch freesciencelessons and to summarise his words
Original post by RazzzBerries
That's so good oml

Thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest