The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Will Warwick reject me?

Hi,
I applied to Warwick for Economics and Global Sustainable Development and my predicted grades are A*AAC, with the A* in geography, the A’s in Maths and Economics and the C in further maths. The entry requirements are A*AA. I’m worried that Warwick is probably going to reject me because there’s going to be a lot of people applying with better predicted grades like A*A*AA and higher. My personal statement is Ok and my GCSE’s are 7A*s 5As but I don’t think I’m going to get an offer because of my predicted grades. Has anyone heard of someone who applied with similar and got in? Thanks
They shouldn't reject you, however that c shows you are not great with mathematics, which is quite important for warwick. You will get the offer dw, good luck!
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
(Original post by Hammad(214508))They shouldn't reject you, however that c shows you are not great with mathematics, which is quite important for warwick. You will get the offer dw, good luck!

Thanks a lot for the reply, I really hope it works out. Yeah I definitely need to try and improve my Maths as much as I can because I’m not doing so well in it
It’s not certain that you will get an offer as the course has a 51% offer rate which is relatively low actually. However, I would definitely apply as you are a competitive applicant.

Have you considered dropping further maths? If you don’t think a grade above a C is realistic it won’t add any value at all to your application and the time could be reallocated to getting top grades in your other A levels.
Original post by Moppet
Hi,
I applied to Warwick for Economics and Global Sustainable Development and my predicted grades are A*AAC, with the A* in geography, the A’s in Maths and Economics and the C in further maths. The entry requirements are A*AA. I’m worried that Warwick is probably going to reject me because there’s going to be a lot of people applying with better predicted grades like A*A*AA and higher. My personal statement is Ok and my GCSE’s are 7A*s 5As but I don’t think I’m going to get an offer because of my predicted grades. Has anyone heard of someone who applied with similar and got in? Thanks

have you heard back yet?
Reply 5
(Original post by ireadeg)have you heard back yet?

They sent me an email saying all applicants for GSD need to write a second personal statement as part of the process. So I haven’t been accepted or rejected yet

Quick Reply

Latest