French Writing, Listening and Reading GCSE

Watch
Jumainah19
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Dear all,

Does anyone have any tips for French GCSE Exams? I have my writing tomorrow, and I have been trying to memorise vocab, but mainly my tenses.

If anyone has any cool ways of memorising things, or even any tips, it will all be very much appreciated!

Thank you, and wish me luck for my exams! <3
Emily.hann.xo
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Make question cards and you’ll start to take more in while writing the keywords down and then get someone to quiz you on them, ooo and draw pictures on the cards because you take information in visually too
Good luck!!!!
Jumainah19
Rep:
?
(Original post by Emily.hann.xo)
Make question cards and you’ll start to take more in while writing the keywords down and then get someone to quiz you on them, ooo and draw pictures on the cards because you take information in visually too
Good luck!!!!
Thank you so much! I love making flashcards but I've never even considered it for french, I'll definitely take that on board <3
lively tree
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
T e n s e s
Jumainah19
Rep:
?
(Original post by lively tree)
T e n s e s
tenses- are the worst, yes! My teacher is very.. complicating.

We have 6 tenses but I never know which one goes where, and I am so horrific with staying on topic, but tbh HOPEFULLY I can get at least a grade 6 for tomorrow.

I need to start applying for sixth forms and I can't be having low grades, it's sooo stressfullllll!
lively tree
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Ok in order to get a 9 in French, make sure to add past, present, future, imperfect, conditional and some more complex tenses like pluperfect, conditional-past and especially subjunctive. Also add some idioms in there and some good vocab.
Jumainah19
Rep:
?
(Original post by lively tree)
Ok in order to get a 9 in French, make sure to add past, present, future, imperfect, conditional and some more complex tenses like pluperfect, conditional-past and especially subjunctive. Also add some idioms in there and some good vocab.
tysm! I'll try my best for my actual GCSE's but for these mocks, I am super paranoid, we're doing edexcel and theres 5 themes, but our school content was divided into 8 modules, so it's just super confusing and messy, but I WILL STILL TRY MY BEST <3
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (97)
28.36%
No - I have already returned home (44)
12.87%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (65)
19.01%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (35)
10.23%
No - I live at home during term anyway (101)
29.53%

Watched Threads