Psychology Graduates: What are you doing now? Watch

Benjidude
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So I'm going to study Psychology at Uni, but I've noticed that Psychology gets a lot of stick on TSR because apparently there's not many job opportunities and it's not as good as engineering, mathematics, medicine, bla bla bla…

Therefore I'm just curious as to what Psychology Graduates end up doing, even if you end up working in an area completely unrelated to psychology...
Noodlzzz
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Psychology PhD here
harrysbar
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
My daugther did a Psychology degree followed by a one year Masters in Marketing. She did not find it too difficult to get her job after her Masters and is now working as a Marketing Executive in a large company(and enjoying it). Another option she condidered was to do a Masters in Human Resource Management.
LeapingLucy
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
My friend's brother has a bachelors and masters degree in psychology and is now on the Civil Service Fast Stream.
emilynxlan
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
My sister got a bachelors and is currently working in the civil service but has applied for a statistics job (i think?) and an apprenticeship elsewhere.
RowannJ
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Occupational psychology is a well paid job. There’s a reasonably large gap for this as it’s not a widely advertised option for psychology graduates.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
The Empire Odyssey
  • Study Helper
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
My friend graduated with a Psychology degree. It's been a few years until she got where she has.

Firstly, she got a job as a receptionist/PA to a forensic psychiatrist. This experience led her to do some work in a psychiatric hospital for youth offenders. This current work involves what you think it does. She has now been given clearance to work for the police that involve crimes committed by mentally unwell people.

So, not all Psych grads need MA or PhDs. Nothing wrong with starting from he bottom and working your way up.

Her job now is probs what most Psychology students envy (if you like psychiatry and mental illness).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (860)
80.37%
Leave (210)
19.63%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed