The Student Room Group
Birkbeck, University of London
Birkbeck College
London

Birkbeck Applicants 2019!

Hey everyone!

Welcome to the 2019 applicants thread. This is a place to chill, meet other applicants, and chat during the application process

Name:
Also applying at:

Good luck to you all; let everyone else know how you get on!
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Name: Mark Howson
Course: BSc Business (Part-Time)
Also applying at: N/A - "Mature" student (25)

Just submitted my application today!
(edited 5 years ago)
Birkbeck, University of London
Birkbeck College
London
Name: Amelia Kennedy - 19
Course: Law LLB (3 year Full-Time)
Also applying at: Queen Mary, SOAS

I received my first offer from Birkbeck today (:
Original post by markhowson
Name: Mark Howson
Course: BSc Business (Part-Time)
Also applying at: N/A - "Mature" student (25)

Just submitted my application today!

Well that was nice and quick - unconditional offer received and accepted!
Name: Raseda Alim
Course: Planetary Science and Astronomy (Bsc)
Also applying at: QMUL, Aston, Sheffield and Portsmouth

Good luck to everyone x
Reply 5
Hey guys!

Course: Law LLB (3 year - full time)
Also applying at: UCL, KCL, QM

Received an offer from birkbeck also awaiting others.
Reply 6
Name: Maria
Course: Biomedicine with Foundation Year (Bsc)- had some health problems during most of year 12 so I put 2 of my university choices for foundation courses, in case results don't go to plan.
Also applying at: QM, Brunel, UEL and Westminister.

Received an offer from Birkbeck on Wednesday, waiting on others. It looks like a good uni, but I'm not sure if I would be able to handle evening classes. I also don't want to miss out on any experiences typical uni's have, such as unions and stuff, just want a fresh start when I begin uni. And obviously do well.
Does anyone know whether or not Birkbeck interviews undergrad applicants? I keep seeing stuff about interviews and I'm not sure if I'm going to have to do one
Reply 8
Name: Andrea
Course: BSc Biomedicine (4 Year part-time)

Received and accepted offer yesterday :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by ar.jpeg
Hey everyone!

Welcome to the 2019 applicants thread. This is a place to chill, meet other applicants, and chat during the application process

Name:
Also applying at:

Good luck to you all; let everyone else know how you get on!

Hello! ^^
Name: Ariana
Course: Intercultural Communication and/with Language (Ba 3 years full time)

International student here! Received the offer some months ago and decided to accept it :smile: I'm so excited!
Reply 10
Name: Maria
Course: Intercultural Communication w/ Language (3 year - full time)
Also applying at: Westminster and Roehampton

Have received all decisions, now I'm struggling on which one to choose :redface:
I also need to take the IELTS test first...
Name: Bethany Charles
Course: Economics and Business

Accepted my offer for Birkbeck already☺️
I have an interview soon.. what should I expect? Thanks
hello, I am Marina I have been accepted for Foundation degree Computing. do you know what is the test like? Is Birkbeck a good uni? Thanks a lot
@Marinaflorentina: That's what I also would like to find out. I mostly found bad reviews about the university. Bad lecturers without any scientific background. What did you hear so far?

Name: Manuel
Course: MSc Arts

Hope to speak to someone.
(edited 4 years ago)
Hi, I'm transferring into second year at bbk and would like some clarification on the timetabling. I'm aware that lectures run between 6 and 9, but does that mean lectures are 3 hours or they can be up to 3 hours? Also, if they are 3 hours then I presume I have to choose one module per day. For reference I'm studying history.
Original post by SamRond97
Hi, I'm transferring into second year at bbk and would like some clarification on the timetabling. I'm aware that lectures run between 6 and 9, but does that mean lectures are 3 hours or they can be up to 3 hours? Also, if they are 3 hours then I presume I have to choose one module per day. For reference I'm studying history.

Hi! I just finished my first year at BBK.

Classes can be up to 3 hours, and I've found the vast majority of them do use the whole 3 hours - some are a 3 hour class, some are 1 1/2 hour lecture, 1 1/2 hour seminars. Next year I have one class that is 7:30-9 on Mondays, but apart from that all my other modules were (and are) 3 hours. This means your 3 hours will only be for that one module.

You will have classes 3 or 4 times a week depending on your modules. You can find provisional module options here: http://www.bbk.ac.uk/history/current-students/undergraduateresources/ba-timetables/ba-timetable-201920

Hope this helps :smile:
Hi all,

I have received a conditional offer - Pass Maths & English admissions exams..
I will be taking this in about 2 weeks.

Has anyone done these exams? If so, how was it?

Reply 18
Name: Cece
Course: Certificate of higher education
Name: Ayrton Haider
Course: BSc Computer Science (part time)
Not applying for anything else! Birkbeck is perfect for my situation of working full time. 🙂✌🏽

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending