The Student Room Group

Marine Biology

Anyone applied to Bangor/Swansea/Hull/Southampton for Marine Biology yet and got a response? I've just applied and wondered how long each take :smile:
I haven't applied yet... due to my personal statement taking ages to write. But Im gonna be applying to Southampton (marine biology with Oceanography), Swansea, Exeter. Haven't settled on my last two yet, but it looks like its gonna be either Aberdeen, Aberystwyth or Newcastle. Hopefully, I will get my application sent off before Jan 15th...
I applied to Southampton , Aberystwyth, Plymouth, Portsmouth and Swansea for deferred marine bio- they were pretty quick to reply, accept Southampton. Probs gonna go Aberystwyth :smile::smile:
Original post by marinefinch11
I applied to Southampton , Aberystwyth, Plymouth, Portsmouth and Swansea for deferred marine bio- they were pretty quick to reply, accept Southampton. Probs gonna go Aberystwyth :smile::smile:

Aber is farrr... have u actually been to the uni to look around?
Yeah, I’ve actually only looked at aber and Swansea and I loved them, especially aber. Although it lower on the league tables, It’s my fav
How is the student life? Just abit worried that i might feel lonely af when im there lol
It’s a pretty small campus, and the town is also tiny but the student life seemed good! The town was full of students and everyone was really friendly- and I get you, I’m worried about that too but tbh that’s the same with every uni. Everyone’s in the same predicament starting out in a completely new environment with new people so:smile: also I believe aber is one of the top uk unis for student satisfaction
Yeh i heard about their student satisfaction score, its good👌 but i just realised, i thought aber only did ‘marine and fresh water biology’? Do they just do marine biology as well??
just marine and fresh- look online if ur interested
Reply 9
Well i got 4/5 offers back last week for Marine Biology, just awaiting the last uni (bangor) to respond. All are conditional, most are quoting the low entry UCAS points (112), with C/B in biology. My predicted is BBB,so at this stage I think I will be going frim on Hull since I liked the Campus and facilities :smile:..but will wait to see what bangor offers. I was shock at how many ppl were at the Hull open day wanting to do Marine Biology.....
Wow, I sent my form off today.... i hope i get low offers, cuz my predicted grades are BBB
I got swansea, Portsmouth and exeter back. BBB, BBC and ABB. Havent heard from anyone else yet tho

Quick Reply

Latest