Turn on thread page Beta

Showering every day unnecessary and overrated? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    IMO its an enormous waste of time unless you regularly have the sort of summer we had this year. Beyond that I might have one before going to a nightclub but definitely not for just day to day public loafing around.

ReputationRep:
    It makes me feel better plus gotta wash hair anyway

Agreed, daily showers are unnecessary and maybe even harmful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ABristolNative)
    IMO its an enormous waste of time unless you regularly have the sort of summer we had this year. Beyond that I might have one before going to a nightclub but definitely not for just day to day public loafing around.
    ugh, i wouldn't want to be around you....
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Reviewer
    I smell if I don't shower everyday

(Original post by Ciel.)
    Well he's banned so we don't have to be

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoolCavy)

lmaoo

ReputationRep:
    I think the OP started a thread in support of paedophiles as well. Kinda says it all
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Working outdoors pretty much constantly for most of the year round, I need a shower every day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YaliaV)
    I think the OP started a thread in support of paedophiles as well. Kinda says it all
    One of these issues is more important than the other
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Showering daily accelerates skin ageing and reduces your skin's protective layer which leaves you more open to being affected by germs. Every other day is sufficient, unless you get sweaty every day for whatever reason.

(Original post by Ciel.)
    (Original post by CoolCavy)

Oh look, so is Ciel :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ABristolNative)

Why bother to even wipe your own arse or wash it after pooping? That’s also a waste of time.

yeah if you don't sweat profusely and can go a day or two without showering and not smelling bad then go for it
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Pseudo Intellect)
    Why bother to even wipe your own arse or wash it after pooping? That’s also a waste of time.
    Cause you'll stink of s***.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by It's****ingWOODY)
    Cause you'll stink of s***.

Yeah I was being sarcastic. As long as OP at least keeps themselves clean below the waist they’ll be alright with showering even a couple times a week. Given they don’t sweat a lot or have any BO issues.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Yeah I was being sarcastic. As long as OP at least keeps themselves clean below the waist they’ll be alright with showering even a couple times a week. Given they don’t sweat a lot or have any BO issues.
    I detected the sarcasm, but it sounded very much like you were using it to imply that not showering is akin to not wiping your arse, which of course would be an absurd analogy to make.

ReputationRep:
    Agreed really. Unless you're doing something where you're getting dirty and/or sweaty every day, or unless you have an issue with BO, it's a waste of time and water used to massage your own feelings.

If you were so concerned about cleanliness you'd wash your arse after taking a dump. You wouldn't just wipe off a bit of dog or bird sh*t with a bit of paper if it got on you would you? You don't seriously think a little bit of paper is enough to keep yourself clean in that region do you?

ReputationRep:
    I detected the sarcasm, but it sounded very much like you were using it to imply that not showering is akin to not wiping your arse, which of course would be an absurd analogy to make.

I was but I don’t expect anyone to take it seriously. 😬
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I was but I don’t expect anyone to take it seriously. 😬
    Why wouldn't they? I'm trying to decipher the joke, but I can't see it :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMcSame)
    If you were so concerned about cleanliness you'd wash your arse after taking a dump. You wouldn't just wipe off a bit of dog or bird sh*t with a bit of paper if it got on you would you? You don't seriously think a little bit of paper is enough to keep yourself clean in that region do you?

I’d keep it on myself and let it ferment.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Oh look, so is Ciel :rofl:
    Surprised me there!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.