How long for?

Did you call in sick?

Have you got a doctor's note?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L.D.S.)
    How long for?

Did you call in sick?

Have you got a doctor's note?
    yes called in and had doctor note salmonella infection so should stay off work according to BRC & NHS & FSA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frank McCormick)
    yes called in and had doctor note salmonella infection so should stay off work according to BRC & NHS & FSA
    also 2 & 1/2 weeks off

ReputationRep:
    I don’t know Sainsbury’s policy but most retailers require a doctors note after around 3 days of sick leave. So if your doctor’s note confirms what you’ve just said I’d have thought it would be fine, maybe a return to work interview to find out a little more detail but only standard stuff.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I don’t know Sainsbury’s policy but most retailers require a doctors note after around 3 days of sick leave. So if your doctor’s note confirms what you’ve just said I’d have thought it would be fine, maybe a return to work interview to find out a little more detail but only standard stuff.
    appealing the written warning given as FSA EHO BRC all say should not go to work but also counted another employee absence as mine I have copy of her file with mine given by supervisor, breach of data as this lists her medical history and medication she is on the supervisor said in front of union rep that if I get counselling for my anxiety it will help me do job better, she is the one of with anxiety not me Total disaster

ReputationRep:
    appealing the written warning given as FSA EHO BRC all say should not go to work but also counted another employee absence as mine I have copy of her file with mine given by supervisor, breach of data as this lists her medical history and medication she is on the supervisor said in front of union rep that if I get counselling for my anxiety it will help me do job better, she is the one of with anxiety not me Total disaster
    Wow, what a mess. But yes, appeal, and mention the breach of data, that should make them stop talking about your absence pretty quick.

ReputationRep:
    Wow, what a mess. But yes, appeal, and mention the breach of data, that should make them stop talking about your absence pretty quick.
    thanks for that ,union rep meeting on Monday as lodged appeal. they cannot believe i was given medical information on another employee and told if i get counselling i will do my job better as i have been employed 5 years without late arriving, never had a disciplinary hearing and this is 1st time off with sickness in 2 year period. appealed to my area manager to take it outwith store.
    thanks Frank

ReputationRep:
    thanks for that ,union rep meeting on Monday as lodged appeal. they cannot believe i was given medical information on another employee and told if i get counselling i will do my job better as i have been employed 5 years without late arriving, never had a disciplinary hearing and this is 1st time off with sickness in 2 year period. appealed to my area manager to take it outwith store.
    thanks Frank
    No problem dude, make sure you use the union rep meeting to your full advantage. Show whoever is in the wrong (ie giving confidential information etc.) that you mean business and can retaliate, so they hopefully won’t try and pull any funny moves in the future. Best of luck.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 14, 2018
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.