The Student Room Group

Is KCL good at electronic engineering???

Originally, the subject I applied for was computer science, but KCL rejected my CS application and offered me an offer of electronic engineering.I did a lot of research on the Internet, people said that KCL's electronic engineering is very bad, is that true?Then I want to change my school to study electrical engineering like Southampton. Is that ok?

Scroll to see replies

KCL is better
Original post by saboor 123
KCL is better

well, how good is it, cause I'm little worried about their teaching quality:frown:
Original post by oiashugiuia659
well, how good is it, cause I'm little worried about their teaching quality:frown:

I know someone there and he says its great. Its a better uni than south hampton. Go for it!
I know someone there and he says its great. Its a better uni than south hampton. Go for it!

:u:reallyyyy?! that's great! thanks for ur helping!
:u:reallyyyy?! that's great! thanks for ur helping!

no problemo
Reply 6
Originally, the subject I applied for was computer science, but KCL rejected my CS application and offered me an offer of electronic engineering.I did a lot of research on the Internet, people said that KCL's electronic engineering is very bad, is that true?Then I want to change my school to study electrical engineering like Southampton. Is that ok?

On what basis?

Southampton is excellent, especially for engineering.
Original post by Doonesbury
On what basis?

My friend dropped out of southampton to get into Kcl
On what basis?

what do u think about KCL in electronic engineering? I dont't think I can change my uni to southampton in UCAS:frown:
Reply 9
My friend dropped out of southampton to get into Kcl

The plural of anecdote isn't data...

Southampton is better for engineering.

cf. https://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings?s=electrical%20%26%20electronic%20engineering
Also Unistats.

And others.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 10
what do u think about KCL in electronic engineering? I dont't think I can change my uni to southampton in UCAS:frown:

Have you used all your choices? What other offer decisions do you have?

If necessary there is Extra.
Have you used all your choices? What other offer decisions do you have?

If necessary there

I've used all of my choice, I've been rejected by Birmingham and Warwick, KCL, Lancaster and loughborough give me offer. KCL is electronic engineering, Lancaster and loughborough is computer science
Reply 12
I've used all of my choice, I've been rejected by Birmingham and Warwick, KCL, Lancaster and loughborough give me offer. KCL is electronic engineering, Lancaster and loughborough is computer science

What are your predictions and subjects? Why are you now changing from CS to EEE?
What are your predictions and subjects? Why are you now changing from CS to EEE?

my prediction grade is A*DB, in Math, BTEC ICT and physics. My original choice is all CS, KCL reject my CS application and give me a EEE offer
Reply 14
my prediction grade is A*DB, in Math, BTEC ICT and physics. My original choice is all CS, KCL reject my CS application and give me a EEE offer

Your B in Physics is probably the issue then. Southampton asks for AAA for the BEng. I suspect you may be better going via Adjustment if you exceed one of your other offers.
Reply 15
By the way, Loughborough is also very good.

But again, why do you want to change from CS to EEE?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I didn’t change it, KCL reject my CS requirement, and give me an EEE. I’ll consider Loughborough, how about Lancaster?
By the way, Loughborough is also very good.

But again, why do you want to change from CS to EEE?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didn’t change it, KCL reject my CS requirement, and give me an EEE. I’ll consider Loughborough, how about Lancaster?
Reply 18

So you don't want to study EEE at all?

Posted from TSR Mobile
So you don't want to study EEE at all?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I want to, but some people say the teaching quality there is not good, that’s why I’m confused.:frown:

Quick Reply