Stormerjack
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi all,

this will be my first time doing a full course and my first module is MU123 discovering mathematics. I am just wondering if anybody can tell me what to expect in terms of what they will expect me to do for this module? I know what ill be learning but i am not sure if there will be question and answer based test or if its something else.

Any help or advice is much appreciated.

Thanks

Jack
SuperCat007
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Stormerjack)
Hi all,

this will be my first time doing a full course and my first module is MU123 discovering mathematics. I am just wondering if anybody can tell me what to expect in terms of what they will expect me to do for this module? I know what ill be learning but i am not sure if there will be question and answer based test or if its something else.

Any help or advice is much appreciated.

Thanks

Jack
The module description on the OU website will say what kind of assessments are completed on this module. There will be a variety and maybe an exam as well.
Fwd
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey,

All the information I think you're asking can be found on the MU123 course page: http://www.open.ac.uk/courses/qualif...36&setAcc=true

MU123 contains 4 Tutor-marked assessments (TMAs), 5 Interactive computer-marked assessments (iCMAs) and 1 End-of-module assessment.

The page I linked above, states:

'TMA questions typically involve calculating, creating and/or interpreting a graph or diagram, using algebra, and explaining your work and conclusions. The latter is one factor that makes this a university-level module and it is a new approach for some students, who may find it challenging initially. Some TMAs may also include a short question covering a wider aspect of studying maths.

As there is no examination, the end-of-module assessment (EMA) aims to consolidate your learning across different aspects of the module. It covers the whole of the module, and is compulsory if you wish to pass the module.'

Here is a link to an example TMA question for your module: https://mcs-notes2.open.ac.uk/WebRes...Taster-TMA.pdf

If you have any other questions and struggle to find the answers, please call student services!! They'll be able to give you accurate information quickly

Hope that helped!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I don't want to decide until I've received all my offers (44)
40.74%
I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (21)
19.44%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something in the world changes (ie. pandemic-related) (6)
5.56%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (9)
8.33%
I still have more questions before I made my decision (9)
8.33%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (8)
7.41%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (11)
10.19%

Watched Threads