How were you punished at secondary school? Watch

Poll: Were you ever put in isolation at school?
The results of this poll are hidden until the poll closes.
Rock Fan
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yeah I was put into isolation, never did like my teachers anyway.
SoulfulTwist
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Isolation unit. Just needed to be gobby to the teachers so I could go there. Worked well to get away from the bullies for a while. Even then I still had the 'golden child' 'smiley' and 'clever clogs' titles I could never be rid of.
Rainfall
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Bang Outta Order)
is this an interrogation. nah, there are loads of minors sleeping rough!? jeeeeeeez, miss bunking off is roaming the school corridors :rolleyes:
yeah it is!
Bang Outta Order
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Rainfall)
yeah it is!
stop it
SMEGGGY
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Detention or stand outside the classroom
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
username4380524
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I was twice, both times for being caught smoking on the premises.
SudanesePrince
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
My brother was put in isolation for having shoes that looked like "trainer style". They were all black, leather shoes from Clarks that you could definitely run in. I was wearing the exact same shoes, so I went to the teacher that put him in isolation when he should be in lessons actually learning... The witch put me in isolation as well. Luckily it was near the end of the day so it was a pointless move anyway, but my brother got the whole day in isolation for wearing shoes in line with school rules. I did complain, but was given the "senior staffs' decision is final" treatment. I had up to year 11 never had a detention or even a verbal warning, it was a moronic, futile, obstructive thing to do.
And I'm surprised how mad I am a year afterwards
crazychameleon
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I was excluded for two days for... playing poker with no money involved. The official statement was that I was 'creating a culture of gambling'...
Jack22031994
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I didnt evn know where it was at mine :lol:

It was called 'time out' - people always sent toit, but I never knew where they went haha

and yes it is fair, on the other children whose education gets disrupted. Problem these days with parents not backing the school on their offspring's terrible behaviour.

(Original post by Frida_Kahlo)
In the news today a family is planning to take action against their school for punishing their child with isolation! The child has spent a third of the last school year isolated from fellow pupils. What do you think of this, do you think isolation is a fair form of punishmnet? How were you punished at school?
Last edited by Jack22031994; 1 month ago
jasminepanesar
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
lol i got a whole day isolation because i was texting in class and the teacher read the msgs and saw i called her an idiot
becks39
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I would have loved to have been in isolation when I was at school 🏫 the exam conditions don’t sound great though!
CrazyConnor
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I got put into isolation once, for fighting back when a bully attacked me in class. My head of year (who supervised me that day) sympathised with me and didn't think it was fair, but he "couldn't go against the rules". I did get a whole day of peace and quiet though...
CoolCavy
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No i never even had a detention :angelwings:

The only time i was in 'isolation' was when i had an exam clash at A-level so i had to be in a separate room and stuff
ToothFairy0509
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Rainfall)
Actual homelessness? I swear the government doesn’t allow kids to Be living in the streets
Homelessness is a problem in the UK. Check out www.railwaychildren.org.uk They report that every 5 mins. a child runs away from home. The Government have no control - it's a massive problem. Called railway children
Last edited by ToothFairy0509; 2 weeks ago
Zasty
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I was put in there for tanking a packed corridor in year 7 and i cried so hard some kid came in from the hallway just to laugh at me LMAO
In year 11 i was put in there for a full day skipping a detention xdd
Isolation is the most retarded form of discipline i've ever seen
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (105)
19.48%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (222)
41.19%
Nope, not that interesting (212)
39.33%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise