The Student Room Group

Stay at home or move out for uni?

I have a dilemma where I have interviews for 4 our of 5 of my options. One of them is medicine which is at a local uni 20 minutes by bus so I can easily commute. The other ones are in different cities but it's not medicine, its another healthcare course. I would have to move out which is what I want to do.

If I get offers, I really want to move out but I also want to do medicine too and I don't know what to do. Im sick of my city and need a new environment but medicine is a huge opportunity
Should have maybe thought about that when applying.
Why did you only apply to 1 medicine place?
Reply 2
Original post by AzureCeleste
Should have maybe thought about that when applying.
Why did you only apply to 1 medicine place?

This is the only uni that I knew I would have a chance with, Im a retake btw
Original post by Anonymous
This is the only uni that I knew I would have a chance with, Im a retake btw

Ah ok.
I mean it is important to like your city- you will be there for 5/6 years. Additionally, you can move out if it were to make a difference.
I suppose it depends how much you you want to do medicine
Reply 4
Go to the medicine interview and see if you can get in. If you really hate the city I'm sure there will be another part you can move to which you might prefer. Also the student accommodation may provide a different experience that you'll enjoy.
Given the job market it seems silly to reject a place studying medicine which essentially guarantees you a stable job with a high pay because you don't like the city. Especially if studying medicine is something you want to do.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending