UCAS Application - Education (Please help!!)

Watch this thread
jwdean17
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hey guys, im currently filling out my grades onto my education section of the ucas application. Ive filled in my a levels (mature student) but I cant find my gcse certificate from 5 years ago. I want to send my reference request so my reference can get it done early for me but it says I cannot send a request until all my qualifications are entered and the education section is complete.

If I mark my education section as complete now so I can send my reference request, will I be able to add my gcses later after sending the request??

I hope my question makes sense, please answer if you know im stressing out big time!
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by jwdean17)
Hey guys, im currently filling out my grades onto my education section of the ucas application. Ive filled in my a levels (mature student) but I cant find my gcse certificate from 5 years ago. I want to send my reference request so my reference can get it done early for me but it says I cannot send a request until all my qualifications are entered and the education section is complete.

If I mark my education section as complete now so I can send my reference request, will I be able to add my gcses later after sending the request??

I hope my question makes sense, please answer if you know im stressing out big time!
As an independent applicant there’s no possibility to edit your application once it is sent to your referee.

As long as your referee knows that your application is coming then they should be able to do their part fairly quickly.

Have you tried contacting your school to find out your GCSE results? It’s likely that your universities will want to see GCSE certificates before you can enroll on a course so you will need to plan in getting replacements from the exam boards between now and the summer.
jwdean17
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Thank you for the reply. Im a bit confused do I have to finish off my whole application including personal statement and choices before i can send a reference request or can i send one once my grades have been entered? Also does my referee have to write her reference before the 15th January? (ucas deadline)
I know all of my GCSE grades and courses, I am just unsure which exam was with OCR or AQA etc. and what exact month I took them in.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by jwdean17)
Thank you for the reply. Im a bit confused do I have to finish off my whole application including personal statement and choices before i can send a reference request or can i send one once my grades have been entered? Also does my referee have to write her reference before the 15th January? (ucas deadline)
I know all of my GCSE grades and courses, I am just unsure which exam was with OCR or AQA etc. and what exact month I took them in.
If you're applying as an independent applicant then everything needs to be finished before sending to your reference.

Your application needs to be complete (including your reference) to be sent to UCAS before the 15 Jan deadline.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (134)
66.34%
No (46)
22.77%
I didn't use it to prepare (22)
10.89%

Watched Threads