Sonicalireza
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Whenever I come to want to send it, I feel like something is not right. Well mainly that my personal statement is not perfect I know I can never get it to actually be perfect but I am constantly worried that I won’t be able to get accepted into the unis I want because of my personal statement
Westie22
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Which universities are you applying to? And which course?
Sonicalireza
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Westie22)
Which universities are you applying to? And which course?
Maths at UCL,Bristol,Leeds, KCL and (not 100% sure but prob) Nottingham
Westie22
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Since all of those universities will be competitive, I'd recommend asking your teachers to read through your personal statement and get their advice.
DanF_2000
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If you have any course tutors at college or school, talk to them and see if they can help you with your personal statement, as well as any friends looking at similar courses or who are already in university. Also, look up guides such as these for advice on writing them:
https://www.topuniversities.com/blog...y-applications
https://university.which.co.uk/advic...onal-statement

I just paid for my UCAS application an hour ago, and I feel fairly confident with my personal statement but that's after my course tutor who has helped hundreds of students with their personal statements read through it, gave my advice on what to change, read through it again and OK'd it. I really hope those links help you, and you're able to apply soon!! Good luck!
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Sonicalireza)
It's maths. They're barely going to care. They filter out applicants by just giving high offers.
Doones
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Whenever I come to want to send it, I feel like something is not right. Well mainly that my personal statement is not perfect I know I can never get it to actually be perfect but I am constantly worried that I won’t be able to get accepted into the unis I want because of my personal statement
(Original post by Sinnoh)
It's maths. They're barely going to care. They filter out applicants by just giving high offers.
^this. The PS isn't at all important for Maths.

You can see typical offer rates at university.which

e.g. Bristol 91% offer rate.
https://university.which.co.uk/unive...9-c2b67cd3e4cc
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Guildford campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20

Have you ever signed up for an open day and then not gone to it?

Yes (79)
47.31%
No (88)
52.69%

Watched Threads