The Student Room Group

What do I do with my gap year? ADVISE!

hey guys, I will be taking a gap year and reapply to Oxford for materials sciences at queens college. I am doing maths, physics, chemistry ,economics and AS further maths at A level. I am predicted 2 A*s and 3 As respectively.

Next year I am planning on taking further maths. I am not in for a job or internship nor am i going to travel around the world.

What other A levels should I take. Edexcel only pls.....
You should try getting more work experience and study lightly during the gap year.
Reply 2
Original post by Shravan177
You should try getting more work experience and study lightly during the gap year.

I cant work. I wont be in the country for most of the time. And I am too young. Just 15 now. I am home schooled. Should I do 3 more A levels? Further maths, bio and psychology maybe. I dont want any courswork or dissertations. Only exam based. I am good with exams. I was thinking of doing some online Materials course. but dont know. Its not valued. So I cant get a job, or internship. So what do I do to make my reapplication competitive?
Original post by saboor 123
I cant work. I wont be in the country for most of the time. And I am too young. Just 15 now. I am home schooled. Should I do 3 more A levels? Further maths, bio and psychology maybe. I dont want any courswork or dissertations. Only exam based. I am good with exams. I was thinking of doing some online Materials course. but dont know. Its not valued. So I cant get a job, or internship. So what do I do to make my reapplication competitive?

How are you doing your A levels then?
Reply 4

home schooled.
Reply 5

So any advise?
Original post by saboor 123
So any advise?

Quick Reply

Latest