The Student Room Group

I think I gave myself a concussion but I'm not sure

I hit my head quite hard 2 days ago whilst playing sports at school by being hit at force by a handball since then I've had horrible headaches and dizziness as well as blurred and double vision I also have no recollection of what exactly happened as I apparantly passed out almost instantly and it has caused me to lack focus and have memory blanks Is this a possible concussion?
I'm no medical professional but whatever it is you might want to get it checked out just in case
Ok Thank you
Definitely agree with @SillyPig123. Go to the hospital ASAP.
Ok thanks will do
Original post by Annierose1234
I hit my head quite hard 2 days ago whilst playing sports at school by being hit at force by a handball since then I've had horrible headaches and dizziness as well as blurred and double vision I also have no recollection of what exactly happened as I apparantly passed out almost instantly and it has caused me to lack focus and have memory blanks Is this a possible concussion?

As others said I would get checked out if you are still having dizzy spells.
I went to the hospital today I have a bad concussion
I went to the hospital today I have a bad concussion

Good thing you got checked out then, they keep you in for a bit? guess they gave you advice on resting etc.
they didn't keep me in they just advised me to rest, stay off sports etc...
they didn't keep me in they just advised me to rest, stay off sports etc...

Fair enough but if you have any further issues I would go back, best to be safe rather than sorry.
I was concussed at school when I was a teenager and this sounds exactly like what I experienced. I swung on a tree branch hanging over the tarmac and the branch snapped, causing me to fall 6ft flat onto my back and KOing myself. Don't remember much that happened the rest of that day, apparently I wasn't myself though. One of the teachers kept saying I should go home and I kept refusing, I must have been out of it cause normally I'd have jumped at the chance to go home early :lol:
Get yourself to the GP and have yourself checked out.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending