Level 3 Health and Social care BTEC

Watch
sadiebourne
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
ive applied to do the level 3 health and social care course in september with hopes of becoming a midwife. ive been told i will have placements once a week. if anyone whos done this course recently or knows about it could answer some questions to help me, id appreciate it alot

- Which units are studied, and how hard is it to do well in them?

- For placements, are uniforms worn like in uni or is it just normal clothes youd wear for college?

- Is the course hard as a whole?

- Is it the right course for midwifery?
juju1199
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Heyy im doing this course at the moment.
We do a range of units such as anatomy and physiology, microbiology, nutrition, sociology, communication, safeguarding, children and older people, promoting health education and many more. (i think some colleges do different optional units)
So for my college we got given a uniform which was just a polo top with our college and course on it but i dont always ware it. Before your placements ask what they want you to wear and they usually just say smart clothing.
Ive just applied to do nursing and ive gotten into all my uni choices. Its the perfect course for nursing and midwifery. The amount of real experience you get gives you such an advantage over A-level students because they are looking for students with knowlege and good grades but also experience to show you are passionate and you will learn so much from these experience.
The course does have a lot of course work and you may have 3 assignments at the same time. Ive never found this a big problem because im very organised but some people on my course have defo gotten in a rut and gotten behind. Just make sure you get a planner and just crack on with assignments and keep on top of them. Also always make sure to hand them in on time because that means if you dont meet the criteria you get another chance to get the grade, if you hand it in late you wont get another chance. Id say ive found the biology bits harder but there are textbooks and im sure your teachers will be very helpful.
Hope this helps
Purplecupcake24
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by juju1199)
Heyy im doing this course at the moment.
We do a range of units such as anatomy and physiology, microbiology, nutrition, sociology, communication, safeguarding, children and older people, promoting health education and many more. (i think some colleges do different optional units)
So for my college we got given a uniform which was just a polo top with our college and course on it but i dont always ware it. Before your placements ask what they want you to wear and they usually just say smart clothing.
Ive just applied to do nursing and ive gotten into all my uni choices. Its the perfect course for nursing and midwifery. The amount of real experience you get gives you such an advantage over A-level students because they are looking for students with knowlege and good grades but also experience to show you are passionate and you will learn so much from these experience.
The course does have a lot of course work and you may have 3 assignments at the same time. Ive never found this a big problem because im very organised but some people on my course have defo gotten in a rut and gotten behind. Just make sure you get a planner and just crack on with assignments and keep on top of them. Also always make sure to hand them in on time because that means if you dont meet the criteria you get another chance to get the grade, if you hand it in late you wont get another chance. Id say ive found the biology bits harder but there are textbooks and im sure your teachers will be very helpful.
Hope this helps
hey i am in my second year of studying health and social care. could you please help me with these assignmnets: promoting public health, microbiology, physiological disorders and health psychology, thanks
juju1199
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Purplecupcake24)
hey i am in my second year of studying health and social care. could you please help me with these assignmnets: promoting public health, microbiology, physiological disorders and health psychology, thanks
Im sure I can try haha, Im finding microbiology quite hard to be honest but maybe we can help each other
Purplecupcake24
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by juju1199)
Im sure I can try haha, Im finding microbiology quite hard to be honest but maybe we can help each other
yeah it will make life easier if we discuss it. i likle microbiology the most out of all these units.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I don't want to decide until I've received all my offers (110)
35.71%
I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (42)
13.64%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something in the world changes (ie. pandemic-related) (19)
6.17%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (32)
10.39%
I still have more questions before I made my decision (37)
12.01%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (36)
11.69%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (32)
10.39%

Watched Threads