The Student Room Group

Going out with girl with strict parents

Hey TSR community,

Girl I know who I’ve went out with a few times. She’s expressed an interest to go out, and things seem to be heading in right direction.

However, her parents are pretty strict. She can’t go out too late, so I’m going to clarify her feelings on what she thinks we are. Get the feeling she might be not entirely sure on dating if she’s quite respectful of her parents, but at the same time she really wants some freedom.

With group setting of neutral friends she’s stayed our latest 11pm, one time 9.30pm. Times we’ve been out it’s been afternoon, lunches or into early evening.

What’s your thoughts? Just go for it next time with a kiss, or try understand each other’s feelings and reassure her that I’d be willing to be somewhat patient with her due to her enforcements from home.

She’s 22 by the way, which is pretty crazy all things considered with the issues she has at home.
Original post by Anonymous
Hey TSR community,

Girl I know who I’ve went out with a few times. She’s expressed an interest to go out, and things seem to be heading in right direction.

However, her parents are pretty strict. She can’t go out too late, so I’m going to clarify her feelings on what she thinks we are. Get the feeling she might be not entirely sure on dating if she’s quite respectful of her parents, but at the same time she really wants some freedom.

With group setting of neutral friends she’s stayed our latest 11pm, one time 9.30pm. Times we’ve been out it’s been afternoon, lunches or into early evening.

What’s your thoughts? Just go for it next time with a kiss, or try understand each other’s feelings and reassure her that I’d be willing to be somewhat patient with her due to her enforcements from home.

She’s 22 by the way, which is pretty crazy all things considered with the issues she has at home.

That is really strict, she is an adult.
Reply 2
Just do it mate
oof
Reply 4
Read the situation, if there is a right situation to kiss then go for the kiss, if not then don’t. But make sure to have a proper conversation about what is happening with yous and how she feels about her parents - is she annoyed at them because of how they are behaving or does she agree and understand them? Then you will have a better understanding of each angle in this situation.
Personally I’m shocked that she’s 22, it’s crazy that she can’t do what she wants... but every person and family is different😊
Shes an adult... f*cking 22 she can do what she wants. Cant she stand up to her ludicrous parents?
I really feel for your girl!
With me is the other way round, where I am a guy and my parents are quite strict about going out late. My girlfriend wants to spend more time with me, but I always have to get home by 9 pm. So what she does, she schedules her day around mine and we always spend time with each other until the early evening, despite our differences, and I am 23.
I will be moving out next year during the summer though, so she is willing to be patient and wait for things to change. Where I will surely get more freedom, as I will not depend on my parents.
So I would say just be understanding and patient if you really think that she is the right girl.

Quick Reply